Originally Posted by ezkill
I don't mean to bump my own thread but please... if anyone has any advice, I could sure use it a lot right now. I'm pretty desperate. I just got off the phone with my boyfriend and told him that my decision is final... My boyfriend was being a little passive aggressive about it but said he didn't want to ruin our relationship. I don't know how to take all of this at all. He's been waiting six years to see this person and I waited patiently for two weeks, after we both agreed upon a date of return one week earlier than that. Am I being selfish? Am I being unreasonable? His friend is now joining the national guard and will be gone for four years, so my offer to my boyfriend to take him to his friend in the winter is now null and void.
I even told my boyfriend that I want him to consider my feelings and needs now... and he didn't get too upset about that. He just sounded really sad... and he just now sent me a text saying "I didn't mean to sound like a dick on the phone".. even though he didn't. I sent him one saying that I don't want him to hate my guts.
EDIT: Sorry I read your response above right after I posted this... but please, if you have any insight let me know... I really appreciate it.
What kinds of insight are you looking for? Are you having any other thoughts about the situation? I would start by making sure you've explained to him calmly that the big issue here isn't that you're trying to keep him from seeing his friend, but that you just need the car. Has he said anything about this - apologized for keeping it, etc.?
Is he on his way back yet? If possible, could you talk more tonight to try to smooth things over? In any case, I'm sure he'll be there soon, so the car situation will take care of itself eventually. In the meantime, it's good that he got to spend time with his friend, especially if he won't see this person for a while, right?