baristajedi
EC Addict
Threadstarter

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Fully out!

Re: I want to break free

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeluscrzy View Post
I can relate to this, as I always feel quite broken. Without friends or anyone to really be out to, I live in my own head alot. I watch videos of 30 Seconds to Mars or Pearl Jam and just drift off in thoughts of how I want a guy like that. All these steps to take and too afraid/ not knowing exactly how I'm gonna reach that future that I truly desire.
hugs angeluscrazy. What steps do you feel are next for you? What would you want to do to move forward?

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2017 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmEmbrace View Post
I focus on being creative, or helpful, or just on work. In general on aspects of life that are the same regardless of gender or sexual orientation. Like jokes that anyone can appreciate . Or pictures of cats! Or Owls. Or Cats with Owls! . That gets me though the day .

Thanks warmembrace, all of this is really helpful. I like the focus on humour especially. And I love cats and owls!

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2017 at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmEmbrace View Post
I focus on being creative, or helpful, or just on work. In general on aspects of life that are the same regardless of gender or sexual orientation. Like jokes that anyone can appreciate . Or pictures of cats! Or Owls. Or Cats with Owls! . That gets me though the day .

Thanks warmembrace, all of this is really helpful. I like the focus on humour especially. And I love cats and owls!

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2017 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking for me View Post
on days when I feel like im 'going to crack' or am just having a rough day I try to meditate or I reach out to my support groups via face book for advise or simple comforting words. also, knowing that it's ok to have those days, and days where I need to be away from the day to day and the people day to day. self care is about taking time for yourself sometimes, so you don't crack, or lash out, or lash inwards.

also, I plan. I plan my future, maybe several futures, that mental exercise and immersion provides both a possible path forward and a distraction from what ever is eating at me, be it work, queer issues, or life in general.

I couldn't answer yesterday because I was having a rough day gender wise myself.

hope this helps
Thanks this all helps, and I really like the idea to plan for the future. I have to keep it all in perspective, my future is what I'm working for and it's closer than I think.

How are you doing, friend? if you feel like sharing the stuff you were feeling, I'm here to listen.
My heterosexuality is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
- variation of the Sith Code inspired by SiennaFire
baristajedi is offline   Reply With Quote

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21