Threadstarter

Orientation: Gay/queer
Out Status: I'm out as gay to everyone out as nb to 4 people

Re: I think I might be bigender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarLyric View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey221B View Post
So for a while, Iíve been feeling like I might be genderfluid. But, it didnít feel right. I kind of feel genderqueer most of the time, and sometimes transmasculine.

Anyways, I found a comic on tumblr about what being bigender is like, and I feel like I might be bigender. For example, the comic said something about your genders being affected by different mindsets and I definitely feel like I have different gender mindsets.

Whenever Iíve thought Iím a gender, I havenít really had a mind blowing eureka moment about it, but I guess reading the bigender comic was closer to a eureka moment than demigirl or androgyne.
I have nothing to say constructive, sorry. But because you obviously know what they mean, can you explain all of those terms to me? The gender orientation terms. I'm a 90's kid who only just found out she was gay a few months ago. Back during my teen years in school just coming out as gay or bi was a big thing - we didn't have all these gender terms. I really don't understand them, and I'd like to learn more about it. I didn't realize there was more than just 'trans' with the gender thing till i joined up here.
It's cool you wanna learn! I'll tell you about some common genders, but there's plenty of gender masterlists online you can look at.

Nonbinary - Basically any gender that isn't a girl or a boy. It's an umbrella term, but some people use it as their gender.

Genderqueer - Similar to nonbinary, but I think it might have more political weight. It's really a preference whether someone uses nonbinary or genderqueer.

Bigender/Trigender - Someone has two or three genders. They don't need to be binary genders (girl or boy) and can change and fluctuate.

Genderfluid - Your gender changes. I read something about it that described being genderfluid as watch me male, now watch me female. watch me both, now watch me neither.

Agender/Neutrois - Agender means not having a gender, and neutrois means having a neutral gender. I would say they're pretty similar, but different.
Casey221B is offline   Reply With Quote

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21