Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Discussions

Anonymous Discussions If you don't want to put your name to your post you can post anonymously here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th Jan 2014, 04:52 AM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Default Don't like penis. Am I a homosexual?

Well, I say it like that because I still have romantic feelings for guys. Lots of crushes in the past.

And I'm a girl if you needed to know before answering.

But that's not what I'm asking. I know my romantic attraction, but now I'd like to confirm my sexual attraction. Let's just clear the table and say I sexually like girls. That's there and done, but now I'd like to talk about boys. Their looks overall are attractive to me-- everything except their gents.

I've been aroused by boys because of the way they act, look and touch, but if I have to touch or look at their penis I instantly get turned off. Pretty much any penetration or contact with penis would bother/disgust me. I just wanted to know: Would that be considered homosexual?

Even if it's the right answer, please please PLEASE don't tell me only I can know what my sexuality truly is. I'd at least like to see what you guys think of the situation before letting me handle it. I've been thinking for a really long time about it (years, actually) and I still don't know what I like.

Thanks for reading this long text-post.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2014, 05:15 AM   #2
Posting Anonymously

Default Re: Don't like penis. Am I a homosexual?

box A:
heteroromantic
homoromantic
biromantic

box B:
heterosexual
homosexual
bisexual...
Some people label themselves that they choose one word from "box A" and one word from "box B".
Old 13th Jan 2014, 06:28 AM   #3
Posting Anonymously

When you say you sexually like girls, what exactly do you mean by that? Get turned on by girls visually, or actually had some form of sexual contact with one?
Old 13th Jan 2014, 07:29 AM   #4
Posting Anonymously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
When you say you sexually like girls, what exactly do you mean by that? Get turned on by girls visually, or actually had some form of sexual contact with one?
Well, no, I haven't has actual contact with a girl yet, but I'd really like to.
Old 13th Jan 2014, 01:37 PM   #5
Posting Anonymously

You might be homosexual, or you might not. I hate to look at a penis, think they're ugly, but then so does a totally straight female friend of mine and she does all kinds of things with them that I don't care to do. She prefers how females look (just like me) but won't or can't do anything sexually with a girl, feels wrong to her.
Old 13th Jan 2014, 05:22 PM   #6
Posting Anonymously

I'd say you're probably some kind of bisexual who's mostly interested in men romantically instead of sexually.
Old 14th Jan 2014, 03:24 PM   #7
Posting Anonymously

I'm a girl too, and I think I would say that I'm homosexual, heteroromantic or something.

I've had two boyfriends in the past, never a girlfriend. I pretty much only get turned on by girls sexually and guys special parts turn me off. Still I can feel a bit romantically attracted to guys, and I can appreciate their looks, but not really get sexually turned on by them.

Sexuality is complicated!
Old 14th Jan 2014, 07:39 PM   #8
On a journey of single steps

Orientation: Mostly androsexual, panromantic
Out Status: Out as gay, out to some as panromantic and agender

Sexual orientation (with the exception of asexuality) is about what you do like, not what you don't. My utter disinterest in boobs doesn't make me gay, it's the fact that I like guys that does.
So may I cultivate an infinite good will toward the whole world. - Metta Sutta
Mogget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2014, 08:39 PM   #9
Posting Anonymously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I'm a girl too, and I think I would say that I'm homosexual, heteroromantic or something.

I've had two boyfriends in the past, never a girlfriend. I pretty much only get turned on by girls sexually and guys special parts turn me off. Still I can feel a bit romantically attracted to guys, and I can appreciate their looks, but not really get sexually turned on by them.

Sexuality is complicated!
Haha that's almost how I feel XD I've had like, only two girl crushes vs. TONS of boy crushes, lol. Maybe that's what I am