Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Discussions

Anonymous Discussions If you don't want to put your name to your post you can post anonymously here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st Jan 2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Default Feeling guilty

Ok so i know you might all think im weird but ive been on here and chatting and posting and everything and its been good, ive found everyone really friendly and chatty which is good because sometimes i dont know when to stop but tonight i was chatting to some friends on msn whilst also replying to some wall posts on here and it made me feel guilty, i felt like i should be talking to my mates about it rather than people on here (and that no disrespect to people on here everyone is ace) but i dunno i just feel like i shouldnt be doing it.

I guess i feel like im betraying my friends but i wouldnt know what to tell them anyway.

So i just wondered what everyone thought?
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2009, 05:53 PM   #2
EC Addict

Orientation: I like dudes and crazy chicks(mostly dudes)
Out Status: Out to everyone

Default Re: Feeling guilty

I've felt like that before but I came to the conclusion that my friends would be totally clueless on all my troubles so I don't worry about it and neither should you.

meh..
summersforecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2009, 06:54 PM   #3
EC Addict

Orientation: Pansexual

When your friends don't or can't understand your problems its perfectly fine to take your issues to another source and get help with them. There is no need to feel guilty. I felt guilty for awhile for being on here discussing things when I could have been talking about them with my boyfriend. But when he doesn't really care about some of it, i'm not going to bother him with it, ya know? Don't worry about feeling guilty. It makes sense, but when you're trying to get answers, its perfectly ok to go to other places and get them.
David's and Bryan's #1 Fag Hag!
myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2009, 06:56 PM   #4
ColbieMarie

Tournaments Won: 62

I also feel a little guilty that people on here know more about me than my non internet friends. But I guess there are some things that I talk to my friends about and some things that I talk on here about. I understand feeling guilty, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Old 1st Jan 2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Drizzt DoUrden

Tournaments Won: 62

I choose to look at it as a sort of tool; I can talk to random strangers a lot more easily because I don't have to worry about judgement and the like. Especially when real-life friends wouldn't understand some of the things I go through, namely issues of my sexuality. Who says you can't have online friends and real-life friends? Just like how you might talk to a certain friend about something but you wouldn't talk to another friend about the same thing.
Old 1st Jan 2009, 07:32 PM   #6

Orientation: Queer

I agree. people here know more about me than my friends. I'm okay with it because I choose to be myself here. my friends are unpredictable. I know that I can be comfortable and talk about issues on EC because there are a ton of others dealing with, if not the same, similar problems. I don't feel alone and I feel like there is someone who cares even if it is not my family and friends at home.
Old 1st Jan 2009, 08:12 PM   #7
Lemurs, Man, Lemurs.

Orientation: I roll how I roll.
Out Status: Family & some friends.

1 Highscore

There are different people for different things. You're not betraying your friends, you're just socializing with a different group of people.

Certain topics are easier to talk about here. No judgements, no worries. Having a place where you can chat about anything is a good thing, not something you should feel guilty about. =]