Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Discussions

Anonymous Discussions If you don't want to put your name to your post you can post anonymously here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Default Gay guy wants to be more feminine....confused

I'm 27, big build, tough guy look, and have a professional career. Trouble is, I love the feminine look. So much so that I want to dress and act more feminine. I love guys with thin builds and longer hair. And i want to create that look for myself. But with my build and my career,it's impossible. Its causing me to have serious depression, and I'm already on antidepressant meds. Anyone have any sugesstions for me?
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 02:26 PM   #2
Witchcraft

Tournaments Won: 62

Default Re: Gay guy wants to be more feminine....confused

Well don't you think that those feminine guys would want a masculine guy like yourself ,
but if you really want that look hmm one option would be to work out less :s . Though I really think that there would be alot of feminine guys that want a more mascular man then themselves. Sorry I can't be of much help as how to actually look like that.

Last edited by Witchcraft; 2nd Sep 2011 at 02:29 PM..
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Posting Anonymously

I do want to act more feminine, but as i said, career makes it hard. And that's frustrating. Is there something wrong with me because I want this so bad?
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Neko Boy

How does your career make it hard?
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 01:52 PM   #5
Posting Anonymously

The environment iI work in has very strict rules regarding dress code, jewelry and hair. So its not like I could change much unless it was...removeable, say?
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 07:17 PM   #6
The gay gargoyle
EC Advisor

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone

Well, maybe the first steps should be the "removable" ones, then, and see if that scratches your itch. You can simply buy some more effeminate clothes - blouses, say, and wear them on your time off. And you might look into hairstyles, too. There are several styles that can look business-OK when worn one way, but can be styled/moussed/combed in a more flamboyant style after hours.

Lex
Lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2011, 04:19 AM   #7
Beware of the Metaphor

Orientation: Lesbian
Out Status: Out to everyone

This is a little outside of what you're looking for, but maybe take a look at what goths do to fit into their work environment. Things like making longer hair look respectable are common to both, and it might give you some ideas of how to get your clothing to work in both situations without having two completely separate outfits. There might be other groups that do similar things..... goth is just the one I'm familiar with. Look around for groups that need to change a lot to fit in. We tend to be good at finding ways to hide things, or temporarily add them.
He's coming after you my friend........
Aya McCabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2011, 11:30 AM   #8
kukukuku

Orientation: Boys make my knees weak
Out Status: A few people

Don't know if this will be accessible to you at your malls, but the latest trends in Korean fashion for men are more 'feminine'. Lots if drapes and slim cuts with interesting cowls and necks. The pants are much more slim too unlike american fashion. Blazers and dress shirts also have nice detailing and give off a more metro look even at work

You can check out yesstyle.com to see what I mean. A lot of the stuff is meant for a 'slim-swimmer's build', but it looks great on larger and more built guys too!

Hope this helps!
Old 4th Sep 2011, 06:27 PM   #9
True Blue

Orientation: I like who I like.

diddle makes a good point...looking metrosexual seems like the best route for you.
also, you can always express your feminine side outside of work...like when you're hanging with your friends or going to the movies or eating out, you can like wear skinny tight jeans, maybe wear manicure if you feel comfy enough, maybe wear eyeliner (that's what I do when I'm feeling exceptionally femme lol)...etc etc

I believe that you can look plenty feminine while having a non-waify build, so don't get too depressed on yourself..just try to make the best of what you've got...trust me, you can always self-make over without changing yourself dramatically. good luck!
Old 18th Sep 2011, 07:56 AM   #10
Posting Anonymously

Paint your toenails.

No, seriously. Pick out your most favorite color ever... a color that makes you feel really calm, strong and femme... and then go find it in a nail polish form. Paint those little piggies up, admire your work, strut around the house for a bit and dance to some silly pop music, etc. Even better, go get yourself and "mani/pedi" first; go home and have a great meal; take a nice soak if you have a bath, maybe with some oils or salts, light some candles and have some music; get out, paint your nails and then flop and do whatever.

Because sometimes pampering yourself at home, in private, is the most awesome way to be feminine. Yeah, yeah, masculine people can pamper themselves too. But there's something about all that stuff that satisfies the femme in me, maybe I'm just weird.

But the toenails. It's a great way to be feminine, without work issues. Simple! When you go to work, you probably wear shoes. Put on some socks and shoes, and tadaaa. No one has to ever know you have hot pink toenails but you.