Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Discussions

Anonymous Discussions If you don't want to put your name to your post you can post anonymously here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th Jan 2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Default First gay hook-up..

So I'm a little confused and just want to hear what everyone on EC has to say. So last night was the first time I hooked up...well with anyone really. I'm an 18 year old guy that just started coming out as gay, and hes the same age and thinks hes bi. So a mutual friend got us talking and yesterday was the first time we all hung out. So at the end of the night, just me and him ended up in my car and we started making out, which lead to him giving me a little hand job/blow job. He knew I haven't done anything with another guy before so he didn't expect me to return the favor. So we just kept alternating between everything, and while it was fun and felt less forced than anything I would ever try with a girl, it also wasn't like like an "Oh my god, this is breathtaking" kind of experience, you know? Is this normal? Was I expecting too much for something that both of us are pretty new to since he's only been with one other guy before me? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks =]

And as a side note which might help now that I'm thinking about it, is that we already established a "friends with benefits" kind of thing over text if we hit it off in person, so there kinda was some amount of pressure..I don't even know
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Posting Anonymously

Default Re: First gay hook-up..

I've had sex with 10 girls and only 2 were breath taking, one I'm in love with and the other was trying really hard because she knew that nobody else had satisfied me. So I think that's prefectly normal!
Old 4th Jan 2012, 01:47 PM   #3
The Cat's Meow

Out Status: Out

It's a hook-up. There isn't going to be any intimacy, which is what gives sex its "wow" factor, at least for me. I think that's totally normal, and I think maybe you had high expectations going into it.
Yeah, you know what I mean.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2012, 02:14 PM   #4
The gay gargoyle
EC Advisor

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone

Think of pretty much anything that you didn't do for many years before you finally got the opportunity. Maybe driving a car, for instance? Or a trip to Disneyland? It often ends up that the reality isn't quite what we thought it would be once we finally get to experience it. If we've built it up to be something unbelievably amazing or somehow life-altering, yeah, it can end up being disappointing.

My first sexual experience ended up being a hook-up with a guy I had just met a few hours earlier. And through it all, I was thinking "This isn't how I pictured it". But at the same time, I was also thinking "...but it's still damned fun."

Here's the real question. What do YOU want? Do you want to try again? Maybe in a better place like a bedroom, and in an less-stressful atmosphere, where you can take your time and try stuff out? If so, just ask if you can go that route. Or if you don't think you'd like to try again with him, again, just say so.

Lex
Lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2012, 02:34 PM   #5
EC's realist

Orientation: Gay

practice makes perfect.

As far as mind blowing sex goes, not all sex is created equal, sometimes it awsome, sometimes its so so. It almost always feels good, so thats why people do it.
Old 4th Jan 2012, 02:40 PM   #6
EC Addict

Orientation: Lesbian

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 22

I think it is a lot about the situation you were with a guy you only just met, in a car, you were probably nervous and unsure, you may have felt a bit pressured. Its a lot different to meeting someone, fancying them or developing a crush, getting to know them, having a connection with them and then having a sexual experience with them. Not every gay guy is going to blow you mind.
silverhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Posting Anonymously

I have been with two guys and only one of them was " breath taking" and I was in love with him. The first time is good but not always " breath taking. But as long as you enjoyed it thats all that matterd.