Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Discussions

Anonymous Discussions If you don't want to put your name to your post you can post anonymously here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th Feb 2012, 09:46 AM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Default I think im going to lose my job

Look i had breakdown last year over a rumor that i was whoring myself out on my second job and yes im not comortable with being gay but loved having the attention of that many guys. Since had no one ttalk to i told my best friend which is mother and sister but my sister told people now.......very drepressed
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2012, 12:16 PM   #2
EC 'Dad'
EC Advisor

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone

Default Re: I think im going to lose my job

Sorry to hear you're depressed, but I have almost no idea what it is that you're trying to say in this post.
Old 26th Feb 2012, 12:46 PM   #3
The gay gargoyle
EC Advisor

Out Status: Out to everyone

Let me see if I understand.

You apparently slept around a fair chunk (or at least flirted an awful lot) last year. And the people at your job found out, and apparently they made life hellish for you. You decided to talk to your best friend about it, and unfortunately, the story went further from there. Although I'm not sure if that means word got back to your OTHER job, since presumably, you already suggested that people at your (second) job were giving you grief about it.

Based solely on this, I'd say the smart move is to own it. "Yeah, when I first realized I was gay, I flirted an awful lot. I really liked the attention. But I realize now that that wasn't the best way to go about things." People tend not to give grief to people who don't seem fazed by things.

Lex
Lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2012, 03:05 PM   #4
Molitva
EC Admin

Out Status: Out and about

Hi there! I think Lex hit on an important point. If you own up to it/admitting it also to yourself, people will appreciate it, and people might stop giving you a hard time about it.

Another thing to think about is, if you find it too hard at your current job, try to find another job, where no one knows it, and start with a blank slate. It might also help you in feeling less depressed about the whole thing and being able to leave it all behind you.