Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Discussions

Anonymous Discussions If you don't want to put your name to your post you can post anonymously here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th Mar 2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Default Does This Make Sense?

So I'm physically female. But sometimes I would like to be a guy, not usually for long, just for a bit. Not like androgynous though. I'm not extremely girly, but I can be pretty feminine, and it's completely obvious that I am. And I like being that way. It's just some days I want to be a guy, more like it's obvious (masculine and such). It's not like I'm transgender, because that's a full on commitment and I don't feel like I was born in the wrong body; for the most part I'm happy being a girl. And androgynous doesn't seem like me either. I know this probably sounds like I'm bi gender. But this feeling of wanting to be a guy comes very sparingly, and I don't want to be around people (friends, family, acquaintances) like this, more like be a whole new person elsewhere. But I can't see changing my physical appearance. It's more like I want to be a new person at times. I can't see myself being in guy clothing and with the whole short hair, more like I wish I was in a complete guys body when I want to be. Does anyone get what I mean?
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Well Known

Orientation: Lesbian

Default Re: Does This Make Sense?

Hmm, I get what you're saying. I'm androgynous, but I don't want to be a guy, but there are times when I kinda wished I was, but I don't believe I'm transgendered. I've never heard of being bi gendered, but I I'll look into it. Maybe you should try talking to a therapist or counselor about this. It's something you shouldn't keep locked up inside. It will only confuse you more.

Sorry I don't have better advice
pancake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Well Known

Orientation: Queer
Out Status: 21 people at home - everyone at college

I sort of feel a similar way. Not gonna lie the "I want to be a girl but..." post was definately me. Haha. I however don't want to have an entirely male body, just not too girly I guess... sometimes, but I also enjoy my long hair, makeup and dresses most of the time. I suppose it's more like I want to be adrogenous... occasionally. Don't ever think your feelings don't ;make sense because they probably do. (: Like the above poster said you may want to talk to a counselor just to help you sort out your feelings because it isn't good to keep them bottled up.
Old 26th Mar 2012, 05:02 PM   #4
Posting Anonymously

I have the same thing from the other end of the spectrum, a lot of that sounds really familiar. I'm male and by default think of myself as male, but I feel sort of a pull toward being female, or at least feminine. A lot of my sexual fantasies involve taking on a feminine role or identity, it's really exciting to imagine it, but I don't particularly want to stay there. There's a lot of self-judgment and fear wrapped up in it and I don't know where it all fits. I don't feel like I'm the wrong gender, I don't hate my body. It could be more toward transvestism or a feminization fetish, or a burgeoning bi-gender identity I haven't quite made sense of yet. I just know I like to "be" for a while and then "be" 'myself' again.

The only advice I feel confident about is this: take your time sorting through it. You're not on a deadline. This is my biggest handicap, I want to solve everything immediately. But to answer your question, yes, I recognize a lot of those conflicting impulses and wants. It'd be nice if we could just flip back and forth at will!
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2012, 05:38 PM   #5
EC Addict

Orientation: I might be asexual
Out Status: Just my mom, a couple counselors, and a few others

I've occasionally wanted to be a girl, and no not in the usual perverted way. I'm very comfortable with being a guy, its just that sometimes on rare occasions I just feel like being a girl. The idea of being in a girl's body just seems like it would be natural. Honestly I'm having trouble putting my thoughts into words, but I guess my point is it could be sort of like being 99% straight with a few cases of more homosexual feelings, except for gender identity.

Am I making any sense at all? Because re-reading that I feel like I'm being so cryptic.
Travel Tech is offline   Reply With Quote