Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Discussions

Anonymous Discussions If you don't want to put your name to your post you can post anonymously here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th Aug 2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Default Pre-op MtF - How do you deal with erections?

Like the title said, how do you deal with that between your legs? It is another thing I don't understand and hate about this body. I really hate having that stiff feeling in the morning when I wake up, and absolutely hate it when it just comes without any apparant stimulation. If it is not needed for the construction of vagina, I would already cut it off by myself already. I really like to wear skinny pants that form to my body, but this ruins everything for me. Argh

Is there a way to just ignore it or something? Or is there a risk-free or low risk way to make it impotence?
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2012, 07:35 AM   #2
Bipolar Mess

Orientation: Straight
Out Status: I'm Evelyn; I don't advertise my gender disorder

Default Re: Pre-op MtF - How do you deal with erections?

Okay well no cutting it off. Tucking helps a lot. That's when you push your testicles up into their pouches, and kinda pull your penis back in-between your thighs.

How to Tuck and Tape: 8 steps - wikiHow
That is a good way to do it and it's what I do.

Other than that, flexing your thigh muscles helps to relieve erections too, something about blood flow. You can also flick your testicles which sort of helps.

They suck and there's not an awful lot you can do about them unfortunately, but I hope I at least helped a little.
Old 26th Aug 2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Chaotic Neutral Dyke

Orientation: I like kitties
Out Status: THE WORLD, BITCHES!

Honestly, once you've been on HRT long enough you stop experiencing "morning wood." Also, it becomes more difficult to gain and maintain an erection. The erections you do manage to get are still soft and kind floppy. In other words, hormones kinda fix this issue--well, at least they did in my experience, but my experience may not be typical.
Old 26th Aug 2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Individual

Orientation: Queer
Out Status: Boobs getting harder to hide >.<

If you are interested I have seen alternative masturbation techniques for pre/non-op MtFs with high levels of genital dysphoria. Being able to masturbate in a way that is more congruent with your I would provide the image that said how to do it, but it had images of the penis so I wouldn't be able to show it here.

Basically, what you can do is fold your penis down or kind of push it into the folds of the skin, and use a couple fingers to stimulate the head (which would be the same tissue that composes a clitoris) in a way that feels more similar to how a female would masturbate. I don't really have tremendous amounts of genital dysphoria, but I've tried it and it was enjoyable because I was able to get off without ever getting an erection.

Now, let me say, I'm not a doctor but I've heard that alternative masturbation methods can impair your ability to orgasm and maintain an erection during sex. However, seeing as how you are trans and seem to have a fair amount of genital dysphoria, I'm going to assume that probably isn't high on your priority list =P

That being said, I don't know if you are on HRT or not, but if you aren't then once you start it should lower your sex drive and make erections less common.
Old 26th Aug 2012, 01:50 PM   #5
Posting Anonymously

Op here.

@Fugs: Thanks a lot for the link, that is exactly what I need to wear my skinny pants! <3

@Hot pink: Sadly, my mother have not approved for me to go through HRT yet. Not because she has anything against transexuals, but it is because I am still in university, and she fear that going through it will affect my ability to study properly, and she also want me to wait till I am more "matured" to make this decision. I can't argue much with her, since it does make sense and I am finacially dependent on her. So I have to deal with this until I get approval.

@J Snow: I wasn't originally look for such technique, but it looks like it can relieve the sex drive pent up in this body without making me feel so horrible. Thanks for telling me about it.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2012, 02:23 PM   #6
Individual

Orientation: Queer
Out Status: Boobs getting harder to hide >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Sadly, my mother have not approved for me to go through HRT yet. Not because she has anything against transexuals, but it is because I am still in university, and she fear that going through it will affect my ability to study properly, and she also want me to wait till I am more "matured" to make this decision. I can't argue much with her, since it does make sense and I am finacially dependent on her. So I have to deal with this until I get approval.
Just so you know, I'm in college, my parents don't approve of me being gay, don't know about me being trans, financially support me, and I'm planning on starting anyway. I know it sucks, but I just feel like I've reached a point where I can't wait any longer. I know that feel

Quote:
@J Snow: I wasn't originally look for such technique, but it looks like it can relieve the sex drive pent up in this body without making me feel so horrible. Thanks for telling me about it.
Yeah, I know it wasn't really what you were looking for, and I was debating mentioning it because it slightly deviating from the point of this thread. But I thought it might at least be worth a shot. I imagine it would probably be a less dysphoric way of handling the "urges."
Old 26th Aug 2012, 02:59 PM   #7
Chaotic Neutral Dyke

Orientation: I like kitties
Out Status: THE WORLD, BITCHES!

My parents also didn't want me to transition while I was going to school. I did anyway. My parents didn't want me to wear women's clothes outside of the house. I did anyway. My parents didn't want me to start going to a gender therapist. I did anyway. My parents didn't want me to go see a gender doctor in the city to get hormones. I did anyway. My parents wanted me to bind my breasts when I go out in public. I didn't. My parents wanted me to present as male during job interviews. I didn't.

If you didn't get it yet: it's your life, not theirs; if you want something, go get it and don't wait for anyone else to approve of it. I'm financially supported by my parents, I live under their roof, eat their food, and they still love me enough to want to take care of me. I understand your fear, but being trans is all about facing and overcoming your fears. You'll be doing it a lot just to earn the right to be yourself.