Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Support and Advice > Anonymous Physical and Sexual Health

Anonymous Physical and Sexual Health A forum for peer support and informal advice on matters related to physical and sexual health. This forum is not to be used as a place to obtain a diagnosis on an issue or as a replacement for professional consultations with approved medical practitioners.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st Jan 2015, 04:20 AM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Smelling different after shaving genitals?

So Im biologically male (female gender) and Ive shaved my genitals for a few months now (front and back). Ive begun noticing that I smell... Different, when im naked. I make sure im clean whenever im in the shower, and I scrub well in those areas, but no matter what I smell quite strong. Its not particularly bad smelling, but sometimes I think I can smell it even when my clothes are on, though I might be imagining it. Im just wondering if this might put off any potential partners, and if anyone else has experianced this. It ONLY happens when I shave my genitals, and Im sure I dont have any ingrown hairs or an infection. Sorry if this is a little weird.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2015, 11:44 AM   #2
Posting Anonymously

Re: Smelling different after shaving genitals?

Am I alone in this? Lol. Now im nervous xD
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 12:08 AM   #3
EC Addict

Orientation: bi but have a preference for guys
Out Status: Out to everyone

Odd, most people with the parts you have smell stronger when they DON'T shave because the hair kinda traps moisture and it smells like well.. "sweaty junk".
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 03:05 AM   #4
Posting Anonymously

yeah, as someone who has hair, I'm contemplating shaving, because it doesn't trap all the moisture and make it smell.
(i'm not OP, i'm just posting anonymously, as i find this somewhat embarrasing. )
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 03:27 AM   #5
EC Addict

Orientation: bi but have a preference for guys
Out Status: Out to everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
yeah, as someone who has hair, I'm contemplating shaving, because it doesn't trap all the moisture and make it smell.
(i'm not OP, i'm just posting anonymously, as i find this somewhat embarrasing. )
Don't worry about it. This time of year it's not so bad but in the summer time if I don't keep the area clean my boys get ripe in a hurry.
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 10:28 AM   #6
Posting Anonymously

OP here. Its strange because I dont smell at all with hair, or at least not strong enough to notice. I dont think it smells particularly sweaty or anything like that. Ive noticed that it doesnt happen all the time, only some of the time. Its almost an earthy smell. I dont know how to desceibe it all that well.
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 01:49 PM   #7
Well Known

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: All but family

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post
Odd, most people with the parts you have smell stronger when they DON'T shave because the hair kinda traps moisture and it smells like well.. "sweaty junk".
Yeah that is odd, sorry I'm not trying to make you feel bad about this. I shave everything on my body from the eyebrows down.... okay I don't shave my arms since I don't necessarily need to, but I do use a scented hydrating creme though I don't directly apply it on my crotch but around the hip/pelvis areas and even around my ribs/rear shoulder areas. I use a lavender scent, works for me it might work for you
Gabby29 is offline   Reply With Quote