Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Support and Advice > Anonymous Sexual and Romantic Orientation

Anonymous Sexual and Romantic Orientation If you are unsure of your sexuality, post here for support and advice. If you have concerns about coming out, please use the Coming Out Advice forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th Jun 2014, 07:16 AM   #1
Posting Anonymously

Is it stupid to lose your virginity to a man if you are a man?

Is it? Should you find out what it's like with a girl before you try with a guy? This is in regards to men who are confused about their sexual orientation.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2014, 07:23 AM   #2
EC Addict

Orientation: Straight

Re: Is it stupid to lose your virginity to a man if you are a man?

No, not intrinsically stupid. If someone confused about their sexual orientation is drawn to someone- of any gender- and finds themselves wanting to have sex with them, then they should. If you want to lose your virginity to someone because you love and admire them, then if you're honest about it and feel you're doing it for the right reasons it shouldn't stop you. So no, I don't think it's stupid to lose your virginity to a man provided you're doing it for good reasons.
sam the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2014, 07:28 AM   #3
0. The Fool

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: I don't hide it, nor do I scream it.

I'll say it yet again...I think people should stop thinking about their sexual orientation, and instead try to get in touch with who you're attracted to, what you find attractive, what turns you on or feels sexy.

It is stupid to lose your virginity to someone to whom you have no sexual attraction. If getting together with a particular person and experimenting sexually sounds like fun, sounds exciting...and if at the time actual sex rears its head, you are excited and comfortable (if perhaps naturally anxious), then it is not stupid, regardless of the sexes involved.

If you force yourself to have sex with someone "just to see if you like it"...even though it feels like forcing yourself...then that's stupid, and harmful to both you and quite possibly the other person as well.
I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)
biAnnika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2014, 07:39 AM   #4
The Calm Storm

Out Status: Out to everyone

Quote:
It is stupid to lose your virginity to someone to whom you have no sexual attraction
Quote:
If you force yourself to have sex with someone "just to see if you like it"...even though it feels like forcing yourself...then that's stupid, and harmful to both you and quite possibly the other person as well.
100000x this.

"The bird of hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame"
Chiroptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2014, 07:41 AM   #5
Well Known

Orientation: pansexual
Out Status: A few people

I think that you should have sex with anyone of any gender, as long as it is consensual. There should be no rules to who you share your body with if it is consensual. Plus, if you like having sex with a man, it doesn't mean you won't like having sex with a woman. If you don't want to have sex with a woman, then there's nothing wrong with that either. Just fuck who you want, regardless of gender. (With consent)
Old 9th Jun 2014, 09:12 AM   #6
Fallingdown7

Tournaments Won: 75

No, It's stupid to have sex with someone you don't like to 'please' society.
Old 9th Jun 2014, 10:38 AM   #7
Sanity is overrated

Orientation: Likes people of all genders and expressions.
Out Status: More or less as much as I need to be.

It's stupid to have sex with someone you have no interest in. There is no difference in the emotions associated with heterosexual and homosexual relationships. So you should also ask "Is it stupid for a man to lose his virginity to a woman, shouldn't he check if he's gay first?" It's the same exact thing.
Old 9th Jun 2014, 11:30 AM   #8
EC Addict

Out Status: Not intending to

Quote:
Originally Posted by biAnnika View Post
It is stupid to lose your virginity to someone to whom you have no sexual attraction.
Pretty much
jahow95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2014, 11:33 AM   #9
not addicted to EC

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: online

Should straight people try it with the same sex first to be sure? Why should it be any different for gay people.
thekillingmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2014, 07:11 PM   #10
EC Addict

Orientation: Demi sexual bisexual ? Kinsey 5
Out Status: out to close friends and family

Quote:
I'll say it yet again...I think people should stop thinking about their sexual orientation, and instead try to get in touch with who you're attracted to, what you find attractive, what turns you on or feels sexy.

It is stupid to lose your virginity to someone to whom you have no sexual attraction. If getting together with a particular person and experimenting sexually sounds like fun, sounds exciting...and if at the time actual sex rears its head, you are excited and comfortable (if perhaps naturally anxious), then it is not stupid, regardless of the sexes involved.

Totally agree with all of the above. Well said biAnnika.
sldanlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2014, 09:43 AM   #11
Thinking...

Orientation: I'm all about them boys, bout them boys, no ladies
Out Status: Those who matter, and anyone that asks

It's stupid if you are not attracted to said man. If you decide to do it "just for the lolz" or "just because" and there is no attraction or desire on your part, then honestly that's just a waste. You should have sex with whomever you find yourself wanting to have sex with. Just going and losing your virginity to a guy for the sake of losing your virginity is not going to be a pleasuring experience, and chances are that if you don't feel anything for this guy then it's not going to help you in coming to a conclusion about your sexuality.
Old 12th Jun 2014, 04:44 AM   #12
Posting Anonymously

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraptor View Post
It's stupid if you are not attracted to said man. If you decide to do it "just for the lolz" or "just because" and there is no attraction or desire on your part, then honestly that's just a waste. You should have sex with whomever you find yourself wanting to have sex with. Just going and losing your virginity to a guy for the sake of losing your virginity is not going to be a pleasuring experience, and chances are that if you don't feel anything for this guy then it's not going to help you in coming to a conclusion about your sexuality.
I loved the experience with the guy. But the question was weather or not it is weird to lose your virginity to a guy before you try with a girl. But I got really good responses in this thread. Thank you all.
Old 12th Jun 2014, 02:34 PM   #13
Thinking...

Orientation: I'm all about them boys, bout them boys, no ladies
Out Status: Those who matter, and anyone that asks

Sorry about that, I was only working off the thread title
Old 12th Jun 2014, 02:47 PM   #14
Banned

Orientation: Boy-Crazy Faggot

No, it's stupid to lose your virginity to someone to whom you are not even attracted to.

If you're a gay man, it makes sense to lose your virginity to a man, and would be silly to lose your virginity to a woman. Now if you're a straight men, I guess it could be kinda silly to lose your virginity to a man, but hey, there's nothing wrong with a little experimentation.
Rakkaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2014, 07:50 AM   #15
Posting Anonymously

I am still a virgin and a woman and to be honest.. If the time comes when I find myself losing my virginity to a woman, then so be it. I am nor worried about it, and I am not scared of being with someone I love and wanna be with as opposed to just wanting to try sex with the opposite member of sex just to see how it feels or if I do or don't enjoy it. Sex to me is more then just sex, it is being intimate with someone you love and trust and if that person happens to be a man for you, then that is okay. You don't need to be with someone of the opposite sex to confirm what you already know deep inside.
Old 15th Aug 2014, 08:03 AM   #16
Secret Agent

Out Status: Friends, some family.

Lose your virginity to whoever you want. It is supposedly a special thing, it's your first time. Who do you want to be with? Be with who you want. Don't worry about what is or isn't stupid in the eyes of someone else.
Old 15th Aug 2014, 02:44 PM   #17

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Some people

Why would it be stupid?

Sex with a man is equal to sex with a woman.
Why wouldn't it be?
If you have any sort of sex you loose your V card..
Even if it is with another man,because thats sex.

If you only feel sexual feelings for men, I guess doing it with a girl wouldn't really be as pleasurable.but you wont have the deep emotional feeling of love, which is what sex is about really..

If your bisexual you could decide which you like best.

How often do Straight men have sex with men? Not too often

Why should gay men feel they need to have sex with a woman?because why should we?it only seems normal because society accepts it..
There is no need to try it but you could if you like

So why would you feel it necessary to have sex with a girl to loose your v card..

So to be honest,

It doesnt matter if you have sex with a man or a woman.
Have sex, and you aren't a virgin anymore
DanielSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2014, 11:17 AM   #18
Fallingdown7

Now that I come back to this, I constantly have the same thoughts that I should sleep with a man first, so I feel ya dude.
Old 22nd Aug 2014, 12:28 PM   #19
Banned

Orientation: Lesbian
Out Status: Out to friends not out to homphobic parents

Quote:

I did this very stupid move indeed.
stocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2014, 02:15 AM   #20
Miss Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallingdown7 View Post
No, It's stupid to have sex with someone you don't like to 'please' society.
Fuck societal norms. I'm a gal with parts that "society" says make me a "man." No, they make me have male parts, and all that means is that they are designed to insert rather than receive. Like an electrical cord and wall receptacle. The cord is called "male" and the receptacle called "female." They aren't called "man" and "woman."

Sorry for that tangent. Society needs a revamp, and one without the religiously bred bigotry and resentment. If you're into the guy and want to make love, then do it. You won't know unless you do (and not forcibly).