Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Anonymous Support and Advice > Anonymous Sexual and Romantic Orientation

Anonymous Sexual and Romantic Orientation If you are unsure of your sexuality, post here for support and advice. If you have concerns about coming out, please use the Coming Out Advice forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th May 2015, 10:23 PM   #1
Posting Anonymously

I can't figure out my sexuality

I have been questioning my sexuality more and more lately. I think deep down, I've always known I wasn't completely straight ( or I think so). I have felt attraction to both boys and girls. When I was younger I always felt the attraction to both but focused more on my attraction to guys and all throughout high school because I would never want to consider myself a lesbian. But lately ( i'm 20 now) I've found myself strongly attracted to girls, even more so than to men. I feel like my attraction to genders comes in waves. There will be periods were I'm strongly attracted to one sex, and then I'll be attracted to the opposite sex. This makes everything so much more confusing to me. For example as of right now, I feel very attracted to girls and occasionally there will be a guy in the mix. I don't even know what label I can put on this. I'm so confused. I've only ever kissed guys and while I don't find the experience repulsive at all, I've never felt that "spark."
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 10:44 PM   #2
Political Pundit Wannabee

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: Parents and Siblings (Sexuality and Gender)

Re: I can't figure out my sexuality

I'd say that you are maybe... a fluid bisexual? hmm... is that even a term?

But yeah, I'd say that you are definitely bisexual, don't know how to label the fluidness of it through.

Of course, only you can truly figure out your sexuality, I'm just a random kid sharing my two cents. *hugs*

I am the Anti-Diva, I am the Darkness to Light
MetalRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 05:39 AM   #3
I just am

Orientation: Pansexual
Out Status: All but family

Hi Anon,

Sounds like you're bisexual to me. May I ask why this confuses you? It's not that rare to experience shifts in attraction, periods where you're more attracted to one gender. And it's fine. Don't let it scare you, try to go with the flow. It can actually be quite interesting.
If you haven't felt the spark with a guy, maybe it just wasn't that kind of chemistry. I didn't feel a real spark with the first people I kissed, either.
Old 14th May 2015, 06:53 AM   #4
Long live the car crash hearts

Orientation: Pansexual/Bisexual
Out Status: Out to friends

Personally, I'd say you were Bisexual / Pansexual.

I totally and 100% agree with Lyana on this one

It's perfectly okay to have a preferred gender/ to switch between preferred genders.

You do You