1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome To The New EmptyClosets.com!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JD, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD

JD

Seth and I hope that this site grows into a useful tool for the GLBT community and can help people of all ages embrace the coming out process!

2. JD

JD

OK, we're making progress!

The front page is up now and the forum is ready for prime time I think. Now I'll put some links around to get some traffic here and we should start trying to find other sites to trade links with. If you guys know of any, let me know.

Thanks!

3. Matt

Matt Guest

I can't wait until we start filling up as well! It's such a relief to finally have a GBLT resource that can be trusted. Some of those other sites are just plain creepy.

4. Xono

A relief to finally see a reliable site out here. Hope it stays that way in future :slight_smile:

5. cowboy_wannabe

another newbie!

it's nice ot have a place we can all enjoy and grow together without the creepyness that goes along with other places. although it's looking kind of..lonely..now, i'm sure we can spice things up!

i think this would also be a good place for parents and family members to come to learn and grow as well as glbt people themselves. any thoughts?

6. Matt

Matt Guest

I think this is a great idea. Perhaps it will serve the purpose to show people who don't know what it's really like an inside view of living in (or out) of the closet. Only a rare few of my friends have ever talked to me in depth about what it was like, and I feel like it is the same with other people as well. Yes, they know I'm gay, but No, they haven't heard what it was like for me..."

Good point, cowboy.

7. cowboy_wannabe

alright guys, we've got lots of good ideas so lets get this place going! :grin:

8. Matt

Matt Guest

lol...we're trying. It just takes a bit to get the member base to grow.

9. Aaron

Aaron Guest

That's up to the membership. But if future members are liek the members we have now, I don't see any problems. Besides, JD has a great reputation for running quality sites! :icon_wink

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.