1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"It wasn't sexual, it was more that I really wanted to be their friend/admired them."

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Peachtree, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Peachtree

Peachtree Guest

I've lurked around here a bit, and I've come across this sentiment a few times. In that before a person realized that they were bi/gay their sexual attraction manifested as "I want to be this persons friend / I really admire them." thus they didn't realize they were sexual attracted to this person at said time.

That concept really intrigues me because a lot of straight people at one time or another, have meet someone of the same sex where they really want to be their friend/admire them, but for them if they pursue it it turns out to be a really good friendship. There are even terms for this such as "girl crush", "Squish (asexual community)", "friend crush."

How can you tell the difference between the two? And for the people who did experience sexual attraction at first in this way, when did it hit you the " I want to be your friend/admire you feeling" was actually sexual attraction to the same sex?

I hope I am making sense.

#1 Peachtree, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013