1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody on hear keep a diary?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by danbyization171, Jul 4, 2013.

1. danbyization171

Has anybody on here ever kept a diary or journal or whatever you call it or does keep a diary????

2. BornInTexas

I keep a journal for when I feel like writing little stories, the daily dose of my life, or just my thoughts. I don't do it every day, but when I have the time to sit down and write, I will.

Most of the time, I don't have my journal because 1. I can't find it. Or 2. I leave it somewhere in the house, which is always lost. And because I usually write at night, I am afraid to go downstairs or look around upstairs because the dark scares me.

I'm such a frady cat.

#2 BornInTexas, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  3. Silverbells000

I tried to but I always forgot to actually write in it.

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    YES. This was my first year to keep up with it, it's fun to read what you wrote just a few days ago. I plan on doing this every year for High School, just to read them when I'm older.

5. evora

I've been keeping a diary since I was nine.:icon_redf I don't like to read it though. It feels like I'm invading someone else's privacy.

6. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to keep one, but lost interest

7. Hexagon

Not exactly. But I'm keeping a surgery diary, detailing anything relevant that happens from a month ago, up until my surgery, then until I've recovered from it. Thought it might be helpful to anyone undergoing top surgery in the future.

8. Paper Crane

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to keep diaries, but I've kind of stopped the habit. Sometimes when I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll write a letter to a future me and seal it in an envelope with the year I can open it on the front. I recently read one from when I just started year 12, and that was kind of interesting.

9. TheMightyBoosh

Yep I do and am 100% okay with that, I think if I didn't I'd explode with emotions way too often but it helps, I like looking back to see how thing's have changed for me (If they have!)

My family are nosy buggers and have always read my diaries/journals
    but I haven't had one in ages because of them...have recently got one and it's nice to know I have something to write in about my current situation and feelings/life

:newcolor::thewave::rolleyes:

10. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Closest to a diary I've ever had was a dream journal, but that's just full of creepy shit. And I'm pretty bad at writing in it, because whenever I wake up from said creepy shit, I just want to go back to sleep. :slight_smile:

11. Grrrr331

I had to have one in fifth grade and write in it everyday, but I don't anymore because I don't know what to write and don't like writing anyway.

12. Robellious

I have a diary; but I'd rather call it a journal. Diary sounds like dairy and I don't really like dairy.

I used to write in my journal about life, and paint and draw. I stopped though; but maybe I should write in it again sometime soon.

13. danbyization171

Thanks everybody for replying.

I have been thinking bout starting a diary/journal but not sure, I mean I would t want other people reading what I write and with two younger brothers that would be difficult lol

14. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I have an e-diary...and a deviantART...and a personal tumblr...all for my whining...

15. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    I keep notebooks that i write stuff in. Its what I do in class when bored, in the hallway, at lunch, when the teacher is trying to tell me to "Put that book away for ONCE!" and other such occasions. I have about 18 dating from when i was 6.

i love and miss them dearly due to summer.

16. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like the word diary, but I have a sort of electronic journal. About a year ago I found this website called ohlife.com. Basically you give it your email and the sight emails you every day asking how your day went and you just reply with a journal entry that is then privately recorded on the website. Nobody else sees it but you can log in and go through what you have written. It also gives you what you have written previously in the daily emails i.e. "One month ago you said..." I have always been bad about physically writing in journals and untrustworthy of them because I feared people finding and reading them. I like this because I almost always see the reminder and it's just overall more convenient in my opinion.

17. srslywtf

I dont keep it regularly or have any set format, but I fill notebooks up all the time with random stuff/thoughts. It helps me to keep on a consistent path when I read back and remember why i felt a certain way about something

#17 srslywtf, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  18. I kept a journal since 6th grade. I still write in it, but not as much since I have less time on my hands. I just write my thoughts and I doodle in it. The journal I have kinda kept my record of me coming so I can track who I came out to and who's left on my list. :slight_smile:

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I had a journal app on my phone but haven't been keeping up. Mostly just for venting about my gender but after a while the entries all looked the same. All just "I'll never pass in public, my parents will never accept me, I don't know who I am anymore."

Keeping a sketch journal with more gender shit, trans* humor. Can't draw worth shit but I remain deluded otherwise.

20. sugarcubeigloo

I've tried, but I've found myself censoring my writing just in case someone found it and read it. Essentially, I didn't want to leave any evidence. :lol: