1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel so old.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Jul 5, 2013.

1. justjade

All these kids that were born in the 90's are graduating high school now. It's only been 6 years since I graduated high school, but still! All these kids.... God! My sister was born in 1991, and she just turned 22! I'm going to be 25 in November! She has two bachelor's degrees! I'm still working on college because I dropped out once. I have a friend who has nieces and nephews I've known since they were babies, and they're in fucking elementary school now! I'm going to wake up one day all of a sudden and be 40! HOLY SHIT, what is happening to me?!

Does anyone else feel this way? Surely, I can't be the only one.

Yeah, I'm overreacting. No need to remind me.

2. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One day you'll even be 55

3. justjade

:eek:

....No. Way.

---------- Post added 6th Jul 2013 at 01:41 AM ----------

Arturoenrico, you, good sir, have just broken my brain. :dead:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was born in 1990, and yet still don't really feel old. It's just freaking Nickelodeon playing "The 90's Are All That" like it was a lifetime ago. It was a golden age of kid/teen shows, though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Oh my gosh I've felt old since I turned 9 years old.

But it's scary to see people I remember as babies all grown up now.

I just turned 23 last month, really depressing month, but already I have a terrible fear of turning 24. I can say 23 is still at least "early 20s", but 24 is on the borderline where people might describe you as "mid 20s". :eek: :tears:

Where the hell did all the time go? I hate being old. I don't know if I can survive to age 30.

6. Amerigo

[YOUTUBE]u0sp-2dF3ME[/YOUTUBE]

7. 461 467

I'm going to be 22 in a week, and I'm depressed about it. I have always felt older, mentally, and now I realize I am getting older, physically, but my life is not what I wanted it to be by the time I reached this age. :frowning2:

8. Who knows

Who knows Guest

I actually want to be older!
    My voice and my appearance doesn't exactly match my age.

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Wha? Why would anyone want to look/be older? :eek:

10. 461 467

I hated being young when I was a kid, because I mentally identified with an older crowd, and HATED the fact that the older generation does not respect the younger generation.

11. srslywtf

'86 here. no qualifications. no job (well I have a job.. it sucks.). no love.

12. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Hmm, well I hated the fact that there was such discrimination against youth, with the ridiculously high drinking age in the U.S. and all that, but I advocated for youth rights to lower the ages, I didn't actually want to be older.

It sucks that there is age discrimination in all of our public offices too, you have to be 25 to be a congressperson, 30 to be a senator, 35 to be president. Yet you can serve as a senator until you're 97 and braindead. No wonder the youth always get screwed over by our government.

13. evora

I feel old too but strangely, I've always wanted to be older and still do, while being terrified of it at the same time.:confused:

14. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel old watching my high school friends posting baby pictures of their own on facebook let alone them getting married. When I go through my reunion pictures for the elementry school I went to, I just can't believe where the time has gone. Every time I get behind the wheel and go for a drive, I especially can't believe that. Time goes by fast and I just wish I could go back and experience stuff I missed out when I was a naive kid. It's even tough to think that when I see new Freshmen in dorms, I was in that exact same position two years ago.

15. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I turn 21 on the 28th and I think I might start to feel the same as you.

Then again, I likely won't know my name by the end of the night. :lol:

16. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 16 and I already feel old. In two years I'll be done with high school. Can't believe it's coming so fast. D:

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I feel old, but honestly, I think we need to look at this and realize that what's really going on is the queer community needs to fix the way it views age.

I remember the first time I hooked up with another male-bodied person, and he was 33. During our meetup beforehand, he was complaining about and invoked something I had never heard of: Gay Death. Apparently, Gay Death is at 30. It's the age where nobody finds you attractive any more and you can't cruise. And we have a word for it. I think that's pretty disgusting and indicates how low we've gotten.

A lot of 24 years young people feel old. But we shouldn't have to feel old. We're developing adulthood. We're in our physical and mental prime. Why old??? What's going on? I feel like, unfortunately, it's the intensely sick fetishization of youth that we have.

18. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Think I've felt older than my actual age since, at least, high school. Overall, I don't really mind and kind of like feeling as though I pre-matured. At the same time it bothers me because I often find it difficult to connect with people within my own age-group. Even if we have similar personalities and/or interests. It helps that these same people have, themselves, matured since high school, but my anxiety is still there.

Not sure if that's the same, since I don't freak out over it, but that's how I feel about it myself. :/

19. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting older is just a fact of life, but it is also all in how you look at it. As Pret Allez said, at 24, you are developing into adulthood - another stage in your life. And that brings a whole new range of opportunities with it.

One of the things we tend to do constantly is to compare ourselves to others. Where are they in their lives? What have I done? Which in itself can lead us to feel 'old' and unaccomplished. I have stopped doing that a long time ago. Concentrate on what you want to get out of life. Concentrate on your achievements... :slight_smile:

20. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Geez, I feel old too; I'll be 27 this month and I'm starting to freak out! My oldest son is going to the fourth grade, my other son will be in 1st grade and my youngest son will be in kindergarten. I remember when I could not wait until they were all in school and they will be soon enough. It seems like it was just yesterday when they were babies and gosh, I miss those days so much.

My oldest niece, who I practically grew up with has two kids of her own now. And what's even scarier is that my other niece is learning how to drive. Ahhhhh!!! :lol:

#20 pinklov3ly, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013