1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alone forever

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jp97, Jul 5, 2013.

1. jp97

For a while I have been feeling like I will always be alone and when I think about it I get all depressed.:tears:grin:oes anyone else ever feel this way or am I the only one?

2. LD579

I'm sure many people have felt that way. I'm sure many who have felt that way have ended up with people. Also, obligatory age reference: you're only 15. Give yourself ten years before even starting to slightly worry. =) Don't worry about it. Things will come and happen.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. You'll find that someone. :slight_smile:

4. TSN2012

Hi there! :grin:
    In my honest opinion, I think that solitude is bliss. The freedom of being able to do whatever you want is the best thing in the world. Don't get depressed about being alone, turn it into something great :wink: Do the things you enjoy when you have your free time, for instance. I think being alone isn't as bad as people make it to be. Sure, sometimes it would be nice to have someone beside you, I always daydream of having a boyfriend that i can hold hands and do things with. But! If that doesn't happen it's not the end of the world :grin:! There are many great things out there that you can do without needing anyone else!

5. AlamoCity

I am 23 and have never dated. I should be getting more worried than you :slight_smile:. That said, I think in a way I am happy I didn't date when I was younger because I kind of skipped the whole infatuation phase that comes from getting a boyfriend early in your life. Sure, there are benefits to being in a relationship like learning how to share your time, energy and resources, but there are also drawbacks.

Do I ever get depressed, yes. But I try to not let it bother me for too long.You're young. Study, get good grades, do sports or play music instruments (or both), have fun. Eventually, you'll graduate from high school and maybe go to college. When you're an adult, you'll have a better chance at finding someone and will have access to a larger dating pool. I think finding someone in high school, especially if you're gay, is harder because not everyone is ready to come out yet. Perhaps your perfect guy is 16, goes to another school, and won't accept his sexuality until he's 24 and that's when you'll meet him. My parents didn't meet until they were 27 and have been married for 25 years. You never know what'll happen.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I imagine that feeling is pretty familiar to everyone who's been single. You're fifteen, though. I didn't get anyone until 18 and despite being with someone now, I still feel like the possibility of being alone isn't unrealistic.

You can't let it get you, though. Being alone isn't so bad, and being alone forever is not very likely.

7. Amerigo

yeah i get like that, for no reason, i think it's just an evolutionary response (to try and sound all sciency), i'm getting to that age, in reality i hide away from any kind of relationship

8. Who knows

Who knows Guest

If many of us are alone and we congregate in EC doesn't that mean we're not really as alone as we think?

You should not have to worry about being alone at our age, you've got plenty of time to find someone.

It may not be now however, you'll get that chance at finding someone.
    Why not just become closer to people around you?

At least then you could possibly make a friend for life.
    Then you wouldn't be so alone :slight_smile:

9. Ticklish Fish

I'm not sure if you mean romantically alone or lack of friends alone.

But if it is romantic alone, give yourself time.

If it is lack of friends alone, you can work on that :slight_smile:

10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Oh, we can all be alone together...(&&&)

But yeah, you're only 15, plenty of time for things to change, when you get to be my age, then you can worry about being alone....

11. srslywtf

You're 15! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If you're still alone at my age maybe I'll let you have a cry once in a while :thumbsup:

Everyone feels that way sometimes. it'll pass.

12. evora

Sometimes I am worried too that I'll be alone forever. Logically I know it can't happen but if it does, I'll get a dog or a cat, or maybe a hamster, I've always wanted a hamster...:lol: It probably won't happen though. We're still too young to worry about that.(*hug*)

13. leer

your never alone on hear, you shouldn't be stressing about things like this @ 15 you should be enjoying your life .:slight_smile:

14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Feel the same way myself, honestly. But as others have said, you're 15. And until you meet that one person, not wrong to embrace singlehood. No obligations to call/text or navigate date locations. :wink:

15. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've driven away all my relationships with depression and mood swings. I'm about to lose this one so yeah I'm
    [​IMG]

16. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are most definitely not the only one who's feeling lonely these days. I'm single and lonely, but my loneliness has given me a bit of clarity. Plus, I'm drama free, which is a plus!

17. robotman

I totally feel the exact same way... The only thing we can do is just hope we don't always feel like this... I mean we still have loads of years left of life, so something is bound to happen during that time, right?... keep your chin up man! I am trying to keep mine up aswell.