1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Gay" Pride

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Connor22, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Connor22

Today is gay pride up in Belfast, I'm not going, I've been asked to help at a food bank and I figured I'd go to that rather than the parade in Belfast and here is why.

I looked on my *cough*buk (not allowed to mention websites) news feed this morning as I was getting up and this is basically what I saw:

Straight Guy: Gay priddddeeeeeeeee :slight_smile:<3x
    Straight Girl: Who alls going to prideee??? x
    Straight Girl: Gayyyy Priiddddeeeee
    Straight Guy: going to pride today!! <3
    Straight Girl: PRIDE YEAAAHHHHHHH
    Gay Guy: Pride will be fun
    Straight Guy: Going to Gay Pride today
    Straight Girl: *posts photo of alarm to wake her up with little comment: pride* yeah that's right, dedication bitches
    Straight Guy: What time is everyone meeting up at Gay Pride?
    Straight Guy: Going to Gay Pride today XD bring on the drink

I get it, ok? it's great that all of these straight people are showing their support for gay pride, that's a good thing, don't get me wrong on that. It's just that it's very hard to think of it as Gay Pride when for every gay person there's like 15 straight people, it's basically just Pride and then Pride for what?
    It takes away from the sole reason I would go to Gay Pride which is to go meet other gay people since, as you all know, picking out a gay person is literally like picking a needle from a haystack and these events are good because only gay people go to them, or at least once upon a time they did, I know with a fair degree of certainty that I will run into gay people, gay people who I can talk to, hang out with, make friends with, something that's very hard to do in the real world.

/rant

Thoughts?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went to Gay Pride in Birmingham & there was from what I could see 80% of Gay People, the straight People were the minority, same sex couples holding hands, kissing & dressed rather Gay, the Straight Couples were holding hands kissing & some even had their children with them :badgrin: So I don't know about Belfast, but mine was definitely GAY :newcolor: (!)(!)(!)

3. dreamwalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure if you will consider this a 'thought' but I don't know where else to go. I'm stuck. My mother will not accept who I am, unless I say 'I'm Bi-sexual' and my friends will not accept me if I 'broadcast' my preference. I have known since i was 11 years old, and am now 26. As you see i wanted to delay the 'inevitable' i guess. any advice? Thank you in advance.

4. Connor22

uhh well that's a toughie alright, you'd probably be best starting a new thread to talk about that stuff, do you know how to do that ok?