1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream analysis

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mlpguy88, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey just out of curiosity, I have a reoccurring dream that I'm in prison or getting arrested. Does that dream mean anything?

2. Hexagon

Maybe. It might be symbolic of feeling trapped in your life or something. Foxface would be much better at this that me.

3. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh crap, that would actually make sense for me

4. biggayguy

Foxface really helped out with my dream.

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Hexagon, maybe you're feeling trapped in some aspect of your life and you just want to get out.

6. Night

Night Guest

I'd try not to look too deep into things, especially with dreams which are just a mess of experiences/thoughts/emotions/etc.

I've had a recurring dream where I was famous. I don't think that means much.

7. starfish

I had this reoccurring dream nearly every night, for the better part of a decade.

It was always the same setting. It was a civil war scenario. I was a leader for the rebels. We were near the end of the war and we are losing and are desperate. We get our hands on a nuclear bomb, and I have to make the decision on weather we use it.

Some times I would use it and we would win, other times I wouldn't and the government would nuke us instead.

Once I came out to my parents I never had that dream again. The best I can figure is that I was dealing with internal conflict of being gay.

I've been told that dreams are caused by random visual signals caused during REM sleep. The brain in trying to make sense of these signals picks simular ones that it is familiar with. Which is why we dream about people we know, places places we've been, and stuff we think about.

So try think about how you've been feeling and what has might be making you feel trapped or held back.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the others have said, it could be you trying to work things through.

I have recently watched a documentary where researchers tried to understand more closely as to what dreams mean and why they happen in the first place. They concluded in their study that dreams help us to learn more about ourselves and gain tools to recognize and avoid dangers in the future.

But on the whole, I wouldn't worry about it. :slight_smile:

9. Ticklish Fish

is Foxface a user on EC or a website?

10. George

I have had a lot of weird dreams over the years, but there are two in particular that really stand out.

One was a year ago. In the dream it was storming, and I actually got struck by lightning. It felt incredibly real, more real than anything else I've experienced in a dream.

Then just a couple weeks ago I had another electrocution dream, but this time it was from unplugging something from the wall. Again, it felt as real as that other dream.

I read somewhere that electrocution in a dream means you are struggling with making a really big decision. The first one occurred a few days before I decided to move to my current state. The second one happened within a few days of me coming out to my parents. Those two events were arguably the biggest decisions I've made in my life, so it is an interesting idea. Of course, I remain very skeptical about things like this. Dreams may be an indicator of the subconscious but we probably shouldn't read too much into them.

11. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Foxface is a user.

12. Foxface

Hi mlpguy...first off...let me say kudos for having an MLP-based name :slight_smile:

I am Foxface and as a trade I am a Feminist-Jungian therapist and have studied a lot in dream work and analysis. As I tell everyone else, I don't know you, your personality or your current situation so what I can offer will only be a superficial analysis.

My first question would be, can you throw some details at us? What does the prison look like or feel like? Anyone else there? Any feelings you get? Fear? Isolation?

I look forward to your response.

Until then I can give you only the slightest hint regarding this.

First off, there is the fact that it is recurring. This could very well mean that there is something in your life that is affecting you and is unresolved.

Now the prison itself or a closed or trapped space often symbolizes restriction. And many times it symbolizes restriction on a personal level. So I would have to follow up by asking is there a situation of personal dilemma in your life wherein you feel trapped? Is something or someone around you making you feel as if you can't escape something uncomfortable?

Obviously I am not necessarily asking you to tell us here publicly about what is going on in your life. Rather, I am asking you to ask yourself about where you are in your life. What is going on that might be holding you tight?

So these are some basic thoughts. Again, if you'd like to come back with some details I would be happy to delve further. And one thing to remember about dreams is that no detail is insignificant. A smell, a sight, a sound whatever you can come up with

See you soon!

Foxface

13. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks foxface. Oh and FYI my name is a mistake on my part, it's stands for where I'm from, Michigan's Lower Peninsula. I didn't think of the double meaning at the time :lol:

But anyway. I have to say the idea of being trapped in life seems to be true for me. Afraid of being out, not knowing what I want to do in life, and currently doing a job I hate. I do feel trapped a lot of the time.

As for the dreams, I can't remember many specific details, but it tends to be me having to spend the rest of my life in prison and not knowing what I did wrong. If that makes sense

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From DreamMoods.com:

"To dream that you are being arrested indicates issues of control and restraint. Some aspect of your Self may have been prevented from fully developing. Alternatively, it suggests feelings of guilt."

"To dream that you are in prison indicates that you are being censored in some area of your life. You feel that your creativity is being limited and that you are not allowed to express yourself. To see someone else in prison in your dream signifies an aspect of yourself that you are unable to express freely. To dream that you or someone is released from prison means that you need to make some major changes in your waking life. Eventually, you will overcome your obstacles."

"To dream that you are in jail suggests that you are feeling restrained or censored in your work environment, relationship or situation in your life. You are feeling confined and suffocated. Alternatively, it represents self-punishment and guilt. You are involved in some wrongdoing."

On an unrelated note, I wish I could ask you whereabouts you're from here in MI. I'm a troll too. Living under the bridge

15. Foxface

well if you ever want to discuss I am always available

Foxface

16. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. I will think about it