1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you ever move to another country?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by myFTMtransition, Jul 6, 2013.

1. myFTMtransition

Even thought I'm only 17, I can't help but picture myself living happily in another country like Ireland, Scotland, or some area like that in a small old country side setting with historical meaning. I'm a transguy who would be seen as a gay man, so I'm skeptical about moving. Would you ever move to another country despite their views on you as a person? If so, why the country?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Duh... America sucks. I'd rather move to Finland or Sweden.

3. person57

I'd move to France or England

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Half considering Australia or the Uk, strongly going for Canada. Cheaper to transition, or so I've heard. Definitely my plan if my family rejects me.

5. BornInTexas

I'd move to England or Canada.

6. I'd love to live in Canada, our neighbor to the north. Very liberal there and I have relatives over there too.

If it was more liberal, I would love to live in Japan. The language, culture, and cuisine is amazing. A bunch of Japanese girls love gay guys (if anybody is an anime fan, you would know, heheheh) and Japanese guys are rather cute. :grin:

7. rjrh20

I would move to Australia or Canada.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I would be living in the United States (and depending where), I could see myself moving to another country, definitely. Living in Canada though, and having lived in Europe, I can say that Canada is a better place, despite it not having that rich cultural history as European countries do. :slight_smile:

9. MerBear

In a fucking heartbeat. I hate living here in the US

10. Candace

Yes! Since I speak French/Spanish/Portuguese as well as English, I have a lot of flexibility. Luckily France, Spain, Costa Rica, Argentina seem to be gay-friendly places :grin:

And I DO want to move out of the country in the next 5 years.

11. George

No I don't think I would. When I was a teenager I definitely wanted to, but at least with my current perspective I just don't see the real benefit to it. Every country has its problems, and there are plenty of decent places to move to within the U.S. I think socially we are heading down the right path, even if we are lagging behind other countries.

12. Beware Of You

I moved from England to Ireland

13. Kamina

Loving the Canadian love from everyone here! Lol :lol: idk if I would but if I did it would be either California or somewhere in europe. I'm not that picky but I love areas with historical significance (hollywood/rome/paris)

14. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

I really want to move to switzerland. I visited there, Germany, and Litchenstein about 4 years ago, and Switzerland was the best. The skiing was great, and the locals were really chill there. I would move there in a heartbeat. I speak German semi fluently due to taking 4 years of it in school. But, if I couldn't move there, I think somewhere near the Mersey river in England would be cool. I've never been there, but it seems like it would be a cool place to live.

15. sexyalex

But, of course! Canada, France or Japan.

Leaning more for Canada though, since I went to university there and most of my online friends are from CA. France second, for i've always had an affinity to the French. Plus, my best friend from high school is now living there; teaching English at a local high school in Orleans.

16. LinkLarkin

I love Paris more than anywhere so I could definitely see myself moving there, but probably only for a year or two because I don't want to permanently separate from my family and friends.

Furthermore, I'm currently unsure of what I want to do as a career, but if I stick with my previous choice, then it would make sense for me to spend a few years in Germany.

However, I have a thing for Spanish guys, so I could totally get in on that. xD

17. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I love Texas. Well, I would like to remove the heat. But I would never move out of Texas to Not Texas.

18. Gibson85

I'd only move if it had legal spouse benefits and marriage there. Talking moving for any other reason or for fun. Id like to see Italy or France maybe. then decide if is worth moving.

19. Gen

Gen

No, I'm actually perfectly fine with living in American. I was a military child and even after my mother left, we still traveled frequently. I have lived in France and Germany, and traveled to essentially every other section of the world.( But I still need to go to South African. I can't leave them out.)

I will definitely go back to many of the places I have been and any that spark my interest in the future, but my experiences have really made me see there isn't much of a difference. Every country has an equal amount of shit regardless of how much we attempt to delude ourselfs. This is why there will always be an equal amount of people that want to move out of the country you want to move into and move into the country you want to move out of. Problems only seem worse when they are on your doorstep.

Anyway, California is the best location for me economically. Despite the fact that I love it here.

20. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would love to move away from here someday. I am also only 17, but I could see myself going perhaps somewhere in the UK. I'm absolutely horrid with languages though so I would probably end up restricting myself to a country that mainly speaks English.