1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remembering Childhood movies/hobbies/candys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gibson85, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Gibson85

I loved the old thundercats, those pog things like a game you play,
    Penny candy! Coming up with more thoughts soon :slight_smile: have fun!!

2. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been on a Disney movie spree (ex: Mulan, Lion King,etc.) And my fav shows growing up...

3. MerBear

Catdog was my shit and Rocket Power

4. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god, those pog things! How did you even play pogs?? I had no flipping clue, I just collected the hell out of the ones I thought were cool looking. Pokemon cards. I didn't play the game, but I collected my favorites. I liked psychic and ghost pokemon the best.

I used to watch a lot of cartoon network. Batman: the animated series. The Powerpuff Girls. Courage the Cowardly Dog. And I watched a lot of Disney. Mulan was my favorite.

I've always played video games, though I didn't get my first system until I was twelve. Mortal Kombat. Mario Brothers. A LOT of Sega Genesis games. Spyro the Dragon and Crash Team Racing.

5. Gibson85

I collected them to. Remember the foil print ones!! omg I had a blast going to yard sales and finding more haha. there was a white pog that was thicker and you had to flip them some how. I think thats how you played it... or my version anyways.

I got into neopets and online game when i was 22 lol. I had a powerpuff girl keychain. Lion king, Mulan, Little mermaid and all the sequels. Currently my fave disney movie is Brave.

I played mortal kombat and at the movie theater. remember Banjo kazoo and mario kart?

6. Hiems

I watched Cartoon Network and Disney Channel a lot as a kid. Some of my favorite Cartoon Network shows were Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, and most of the shows on Toonami. From Disney Channel, I would watch Recess, The Proud Family, Lizzie McGuire, Kim Possible, and American Dragon: Jake Long.

I still recall getting goosebumps each time the Kingdom Hearts commercial appeared on TV. It's unbelievable that it's already been more than a decade since then...

We were so excited about getting the game because it had Disney characters. I told my brother that we'd play it together with the assumption that it was a multi-player game. And lo and behold, it wasn't. So I ended up hogging it while he played Star Fox Adventures on Nintendo Gamecube instead :grin:

7. Gibson85

Rugrats, Fraggle Rock (cast your cares away.. worrys for another day.. down in fraggle rock) Sorry last one was stuck in my head

8. srslywtf

Pez, Aladdin, Pokemon. The first time pokemon was on TV when I was 10(ish?) blew my mind

One of my favorite memories:

[YOUTUBE]-kl4hJ4j48s[/YOUTUBE]

#8 srslywtf, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  9. leer

I was into rugrats found the music calming . but was not impressed with rugrats all grown up also over in the uk we had a show Postman Pat I was quite young at the time .

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Waking up too early for CheezeTV and getting stuck watching aerobics. Huge part of my early childhood. I watched so many good cartoons. I miss Rockos Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, those 90s Nickelodeon shows.

Like any other kid my age, I grew up watching Pokemon, collecting the cards, playing the game, ect. I remember when the Gamecube first came out, and I used to spend the summers over at my best friend's house playing Wind Waker, and plugging my GBA into the GC with the link adaptor to play Four Swords Adventures with him. We played so many Pokemon and Zelda games.

Oh, yeah, and before that.. I remember my parents got my brothers and I a PS1, and we had one of those demo disks that came with the Playstation Magazine, or I think it came from a special from a pizza place? Anyway, there was a demo of Spyro the Dragon, PaRappa the Rapper, and MediEvil on there, and my brothers and myself would take turns playing the demos until mum eventually bought us the actual copy of Spyro. We did the same with playing Ocarina of Time on the N64, taking turns getting past different levels. My childhood was essentially video games.

Those were good times.

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

That was basically me. Endless hours of Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, and Kingdom Hearts, with the occasional Spyro thrown in.

And copious hours of Disney cartoons and Nickelodeon. Drake and Josh basically defined my childhood.

12. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Pokemon, the game, the cartoon, the cards ...

13. AlamoCity

My mom only let me watch PBS so the only shows I watched were: Arthur, Bill Nye the Science Guy, and Zoboomafoo. I may be in the minority, but Sesame Street and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood gave me the creeps.

I liked watching Zoboomafoo, but only because of the hosts; that was an early sign I was gay.

14. timo

YES. Courage was amazing. I also liked Cow & Chicken and Ed Edd & Eddy.

And old school stuff like the Jetsons, the Flintstones and Tom & Jerry.

Edit/
    a friend of mine had a Nintendo 64, that was the shit too. The first Mario Kart, Mario Party and Super Smash Bros... oh good times.

15. Gibson85

lol I still watch the Jetsons, flintstones and tom and jerry time to time. i dont care how old I get. Very good times. Remember the baby looney toons to?

16. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oh my...I just nostalgia'd at the sight of this thread haha

Hercules, Mulan, Toy Story, Dumbo, Snow White, Pokemon the movie, and much more... I remember the Pokemon cards (am I the only one that honestly knows how to play the TCG?), playing Pokemon on my Game Boy, playing Gex and Super smash Bros on N64 along with mario kart, mario party 3 and LoZ: OoT, Courage, Catdog, Rocket Power, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Hey Arnold, Ed Edd and Eddy, T&J, Looney toons, baby looney toons, flintstones

17. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You are not alone. I absolutely hated Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. There was this one puppet, Lady Elaine Fairchilde, that terrified the ever-loving shit out of me as a child. Oh god, just thinking about it gives me the chills.

18. Gibson85

oh gawd.. just remember Lamb Chop to when you mention mr. rogers. I watched both as a kid. Used to drive my sister nuts with This is the song that never ends.. when shed start singing barney *facepalm*

19. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god, Bill Nye the Science Guy! I loved Bill Nye, completely and unironically. I've just always found science fascinating.

The first Pokemon movie. I saw it in theaters, and I remember that day pretty well.

Goosebumps, anyone? The books, the show?

Also, Bunnicula. I loved the Bunnicula books as a kid. I don't know if I ever read all of them, but they were pretty great.

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2013 at 12:40 AM ----------

And Are You Afraid of the Dark! I saw every episode of that show!

20. Gibson85

never heard of Bunnicula but I did read all the Goosebumps and some the show. How about animorphs the book series... i think there was 27 books in all? there was the juvenile series as well as kids series of them I remember at our library lol