1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Annoying

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SamAlex728, May 1, 2008.

1. SamAlex728

At my old school, everyday I would hear at least one guy calling himself a lesbian because he likes girls. I kept trying to explain the difference as it is one of my pet peeves (mislabeling.) What do you guys think about this? Am I crazy for hating this?

2. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Re: So Fucking Annoying

Its stupid and you should try and correct them because ignorance is bad but if they don't listen who cares? Its no biggie but we are all allowed out pet peeves lol

3. sayitforreals

I don't think you're crazy, but to be perfectly honest, it probably wont stop. People can be inconsiderate, just try not to let it get to you. :icon_bigg

4. CrimsonThunder

I've called myself a lesbian before... And anyway lesbian = gay so he is one of us :astonished:

5. Re: So Fucking Annoying

i wouldn't give a shit, he sounds like an idiot, you should probs make fun of him for lacking balls.

6. Tim

Tim

Actually, my friends do this... I was classified as a lesbian until I came out, which I always found ironic <.< I dunno why. lol. I dun take offense when girls call themselves gay, maybe I'm just weird :astonished:

7. Re: So Fucking Annoying

Nah pet peeves are pet peeves, I for one have a keen distaste for poor grammar/spelling. Although I myself have a bad track record with grammar. Mostly because I never paid attention in primary school and they don't teach it in high school. So my grammatical skills are self taught, in other words they stink lol. (!)
    As for confronting guys who are calling themselves a lesbian, instead of just trying to tell them the difference you could also try telling them that it annoys you maybe?
    If it were me I'd just congratulate them and asked them when they got the sex change. :badgrin:
    It's more than likely that they were just joking around, because who seriously doesn't know what a lesbian is these days? (&&&)

8. Connor

Connor Guest

It doesn't really matter: be more tolerant?

9. sdc91

So if he were a "lesbian" and thought lesbians were hot . . . would he be a lesbian? :/

10. SamAlex728

It wasn't HE it was THEM. A ton of guys do it. And they say they like girls. So my reply (to get back at them for being so ignorant) is always, "So you're a girl?"
    Boy, do I know how to piss them off? :icon_bigg
    Payback's a bitch and so are they.

11. JSG

JSG Guest

I usually ask them how did they hide their homosexuality before they came out :lol:

12. Louise

Since they say they are lesbians when you pass them in the hallway just say 'Hi ladies' or 'what's up girls?', 'You girls going somewhere nice?' They will soon get fed up with it, most straight guys don't like to be called girls, they find it insulting... god knows why!:lol:

13. SamAlex728

And that's why I said:

14. ccdd

ccdd Guest

This is really peculiar - I've never come across this before!! How exactly are they lesbians (unless they are transgender and interested in girls, which I am sure they're not!!)?? I can see how it would annoy you (and I say go annoy them back how you have been!)

Plus it kinda annoys me too - because it sounds like a bunch of homophobic/or just stupid straight guys appropriating the "lesbian" label. :angry:

Go keep annoying them back!!

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

There was that lesbian-identified man in 'The L Word' season 1. He called himself Lisa...it was really weird...

I know what you mean, that kind of thing can be really annoying. But like the others said, coming right back at them by calling them girls or whatever should work. :grin:

16. SamAlex728

Well too bad I transfered schools otherwise, i'd do it without a second thought
    but i am glad to be away from those assholes (they teased me)
    they forced me into homeschool because they teased me too much

17. Samii

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I think it is only silly joke. Be more patient~

18. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I think it's just a bad joke. Straight guys think they're so funny...

19. Jeimuzu

Keep in mind that this is presumably someone your age or younger, since it was your 'old' school. Hence, surely, a 12 or 13 year old saying a comment like that... it's hardly an insult. It's just a kid being a kid. I don't think he'll have thought about it hard enough to truly consider insulting it.

20. Steam Giant

Well technically, there is such thing as a transgendered male lesbian, though I doubt the people you're talking about are as such. In a different respect, I've also had straight guys identify as "male lesbians," which, in the varying cases I've encountered, either means that they are a bit transgendered but still prefer the opposite sex, or just really like girls, which would certainly be mislabeling.