1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh no! Sports Day!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by clarkec1, Jul 8, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

What else needs to be said apart from that sports day is tomorrow. I have been put down for 4 events which takes up the whole day, and I'm given no breaks apart from lunch of 55 minutes. I'm not watching anything because all of my timetable for tomorrow is full. Worse still, I will be watched in every event I compete in...

I have to do 400m, Relay, Shot put (or is it just shot?), and Table tennis. I don't mind the first two, just because they are short events. As for the last two, I'm a bit more... aware, of might happen. Zak (my crush) is doing 800m (2 laps of the track, I'm doing 1 lap), Rowing and one or two other events that I am not sure of. Just in case you wanted to know that.

But I'm petrified! Don't get me wrong, I am actually quite fond of particular sporting activities, but when I am under pressure, and it is an actual competition.

I need support with this! I haven't had a sports day for 3 years because of bad weather cancellations. However this year, it certainly isn't going to rain, the British weather is very good this year.

2. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ah, I recall days like these back in high school. I find that just focusing on making it through whatever event your doing helps a ton with the anxiety. That way you tend to not focus on the crowd watching, just on finishing your event.

Plus since you say you enjoy some of these sporting activities, you'll probably have to much fun to notice spectators. I'm pretty sure you'll be alright. :icon_mrgr

3. Hexagon

Oh, you poor thing... I hate sport. While I was at school, I made up excuses to get out of every sports day for about 8 years running.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here! This was day of sheer terror for me. I used to sometimes hide in the woods until it was over; our school bordered a national forest, so I'd sneak off, sometimes with a friend, and walk down to a stream, and take our shoes off, and follow the steam-bed. Much more fun.