1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Communal Showers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hated PE at school, I was never very good at Sport & because of this, one of my PE Teachers made my life hell & on top of that, I hated using the Communal Showers, I was quite shy & getting naked in front of other people was really embarrassing :icon_redf

Am I the only one who felt like this, being Dyslexic, my coordination was really bad, I couldn't kick a ball straight :slight_smile: so sport was never on the agenda :eusa_doh:

2. Tim

Tim

I'd skip the showers. I'd always be the first one there, I'd run through, grab my towel from my locker, go into one of the bathroom stalls, dry off if needed, and get into my clothes. Unless we were swimming that day, no one ever showered. The school didn't want to pay for the water bills just to get some sweat off kids. xD

I also had PE last period for pretty much the entire time too though, so I just showered at home. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: For the one time I had PE first period, all we did was swim, and the teachers started the water like a minute before we ended, so I would just run in, make sure I rinsed off (like 5 seconds), and ran to the bathroom stall (it was in the same general area. Lol) and dry off/get dressed.

I wasn't the only one who did that either. Lol.

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never had a commual shower in school. Is it actually common place? It would have probably got me excited :wink:

4. ptacub

ptacub Guest

Fortunately we weren't forced to shower (there wasn't enough time anyway between classes), but I also hated P.E. Unfortunately, I was in a school where sportsmanship is held in high regard, but me being chubby and a computer geek, I was always the slowest and least coordinated. I still don't understand why schools force P.E. onto students. It has little to do with formal education, almost everyone hates it and does very little with general fitness: It's what? One lesson a week? A person needs at least half-an-hour of exercise a day.

Don't worry too much about it though, it's only temporary. However, if you do wish to take up a sport, why not consider cross-country? That's what I did.

5. Beware Of You

It is how I got outed, I knew I was gay and I always avoided them, sadly one day the gym teacher wouldn't let me leave without having a shower, so I ahem got hard in it...

6. Hexagon

Communal showers are evil.

7. Foxface

I hated showers together...then I joined the military and had to do it again in basic training...ugh

Foxface

8. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i wish we had communal showers

9. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not comfortable enough to do that, and I never used them. I was pretty lazy in PE so luckily I didn't stink afterwards

10. Exoskeleton

I always thought communal showers were an urban legend.

My schools had showers, but nobody was ever allowed to actually shower.

11. KazTastic

I hated PE - the bullying, the poorly structured "games," the sadistic teachers, my lack of coordination.

I was lucky never to have communal showers at my school - though we never really had to take showers - mainly because most of the time, the PE teacher would get upset with us because one student (normally me) didn't bring their PE uniform, so we had to go back inside and do theory (I was probably happy about it though). If I did have to get changed, I'd do it in a toilet cubicle. If I had to use a communal shower, I'd probably wear a pair of speedos or undies inside, and change out of them afterwards.

12. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    None of my schools have had communal showers. I'm glad for that. I would be so uncomfortable, even if I was straight! :icon_redf

13. Hexagon

My participation in PE was as follows:

Teacher gets bullied into letting people play football
    I stand near edge, avoiding ball
    Not having gotten sweaty, I go to next class/home

Or, more usually,

I get sick every PE day

Strangely, no one seemed to notice.

14. vyvance

I never really had a problem with it. The soap hockey we sometimes played did get me a little nervous at times... Bodies touching everywhere. Other than that it was ok. I played lots of sports though, so I was just used to being in there every day before and after school.

15. justjade

I never had to go through the communal shower thing, but I did have to change in the same room as the girls. We didn't have co-ed PE where I spent part of my high school career.

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2013 at 03:51 PM ----------

But, yeah, I would definitely skip the showers. I get pretty easily embarrassed.

16. Linthras

Linthras Guest

No-one and I mean no-one among the boys in my highschool showered at school.
    Everybody rubbed themselves under the pits with a towel and got dressed.
    Eventhough we had individual stalls instead of a communal shower.

Can't speak to what the girls did though.
    In the last two years of primary school however, we were obligated to take a shower and those were communal. Every guy just sort of jumped in for 5 secs and got back out again.

17. Beware Of You

Kinda scares me off the military

18. ScatteredEarth

We had showers at our school but nobody cared to use them and by the time we got back from our daily sports, we'd have literally like 3 minutes to get dressed and get the hell out.. The closest I got to seeing someone naked was this kid who, while we were changing in/out of our uniforms, would strip to his underwear and run around the locker room high fiving random people. He wasn't mentally challenged either.. He was just really.. really.. gay. But nobody seemed to notice and always assumed he wasn't right in the head.

19. evora

We had three PE classes per week but no one ever showered. We barely had time to change and if we were not there by the time the teacher was there, we were punished. Actually, we were always punished for something (like smiling or walking while we were supposed to be running), I always hated PE.

20. ScatteredEarth

Our coach was nice, though I always had this feeling in the back of my mind that he was "too nice".. He sorta gave out this "I diddle kids in my spare time" look and the way he spoke sorta confirmed it. Nobody called him out for that either.