1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ear Cleansing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScatteredEarth, Jul 8, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

Has anyone ever gotten their ears professionally cleaned from an ENT or medical doctor? I have to say it's one of the most reinvigorating things I have ever done. I can now hear crystal clear and the doctor had said that the wax in my ears was build up of over 7 years and it wasn't pretty coming out. It looked like he washed a golf ball out of my ear.

Anyone got any similar stories or am I the only one? I had problems hearing for 2 weeks and now I can hear the air coming out of the ducts. It's crazy.

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I've had multiple inner ear surgeries. Which means it's inadvisable to celan them with anything but cottonor special fluid.
    Which in turn means I regurlarly have itching inner ears and ocassionaly one ear get's clogged.

3. Gibson85

there's this candle thing online i thought of buying to clean out my ears lol.. says very good results. but no never been to doctor to get done. my friend did and they got a fly out O.O

4. ScatteredEarth

I heard the candle thing is really bad for your ears though. All the doctor did was stick a tube in my ear and wash it out with water a few times then picking up the wax with a cloth. I must say it's very uncomfortable but not painful. My mother begs to differ and swears I was in some sort of excruciating pain because of the look on my face. :slight_smile:

5. justjade

I use an ear syringe and warm/hot water. That always helps me.

---------- Post added 9th Jul 2013 at 12:25 AM ----------

I did lose hearing in one of my ears for a few days though. Then, when I eventually did wash them out, this huge clog that looked like a coiled-up worm came out of my ear. By "huge", I mean it may have been the size of a dime, but it was enough to obstruct my hearing.

6. ScatteredEarth

Mine was more like the size of 4 quarters stacked together. I was shocked O_O

7. Dave5432

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the same problem. Doc says it just happens. They stick something in my ear and suck it out. It is invigorating.

8. ScatteredEarth

You probably went to an ENT, they usually have more advanced tools. I just got ear syringed by a professional and it costed me nothing :slight_smile:

9. yidnah87

Every day directly after I take a shower, I take a square of toilet paper and clean each ear. This pretty much prevents any wax buildup. It's a trick that my dad taught me.

10. justjade

Damn! That's fucking crazy! I'd be shocked, too! :eek:

11. biggayguy

I've had wax that was hard as rocks in my ears. The doctor had to use a little metal loop to get it out. Using the hand-held shower on a gentle pulse helps to flush out my ears.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom periodically has it done and I usually take her to the doctor. It's weird to hear the suction and then see the other metal instruments in there to pull more wax. She hears better after having this done. I just use Q-tips, and I go part-way into the canal, but not too far. However, I realized that one can also clean the exposed surfaces of the ear and the area in the crevice behind the ears.

13. KingdomKeyDK

I use q-tips. I once was deaf in one ear for two months because of an ear infection.

14. Gibson85

All I can say is be careful if trying do it yourself at home. cuze you need some wax in your ear to keep germs and dirt out. or you might end with a bad infection

---------- Post added 9th Jul 2013 at 02:30 PM ----------

I used q tips when i was younger. got a bad infection that almost caused my ear drum to pop.. guess can go either way

15. leer

Sam a friend at work is deaf in one ear . she says her doctor refuses to syringe as its to risky best thing to use is warm olive oil .