1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you celebrate your birthday ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BelleLey, Jul 10, 2013.

1. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

I was just wondering what was for you the best way to celebrate your birthday? What do you usually do ?

2. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nothing too big, I usually just relax the entire day and maybe do something with a friend or my cousins like going Go-Karting or something fun. Then my family takes me out to dinner and I get a birthday gift from them.

It's pretty much relaxing since it's during the summer and all.

3. timo

With friends and beer.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to hide in the city centre at Liverpool away from people who know it's my birthday. I dislike attention at the best of times, but Birthdays bring a whole new dimension of singular attention that makes me really dislike it. At least with Christmas etc everybody else around me is also a part of the occasion.

5. biggayguy

We have cake and ice cream to celebrate all the birthdays in the facility each month. Then we play a party game.

6. EyesNeverLie

My girlfriend usually just takes me out to dinner. Since I don't have any friends, I don't have a big birthday party or anything like that.

7. MrBrightside

I usually spend the day hungover (im usually out drinking when midnight comes on my brithday) then spend the night getting drunk again... Not the most healthy way of doing things but its kinda tradition with my friends :grin:

8. evora

I hate celebrating it because we have lots of food and cake...and we normally don't so there's always too much food at once and I can't decide what to eat.:confused:

And my grandparents, aunt and cousin visit us, they bring my cake and then I have to blow the candles out in front of everyone...and they always expect me to cut the cake into slices because it's my birthday... And they want to take pictures of me as well. I usually never let anyone do that.:rolle:

And last year my grandmother said: "You're 20 now, whether you like it or not."
    I'm already looking forward to what she has to say this year. Probably something like "Soon we'll be celebrating your wedding."...:dry:

Mine is in exactly 4 weeks and it will be just a reminder of how fast time goes by and I still haven't achieved anything in life, so I hate it. The less people know, the better. I hate it when people say happy birthday and then expect a kiss...Actually, that's what I hate about most holidays, and the food.:confused:

But :birthday: to you BelleLey.:slight_smile:

9. jimL

Dinner and Beers. Hopefully lots of gifts. lol

10. Hexagon

By having a normal day.

11. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't. If it falls on the weekend, I do what I usually do on the weekends. If it falls on a weekday, I go to work, then home. It has been many years since I lasr celebrated my birthday. =\

12. Hefiel

I haven't celebrated my birthday in about 4 years. It always seemed a bit pointless to me, like any other holiday for that matter (Christmas included). With that said, I can see why people care about it, but my interests are just elsewhere.

13. Paper Crane

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get to choose a restraunt and my family goes out to dinner :slight_smile:

14. Rivers

I usually have cake, and hang out with my best friends. I never liked having birthday parties with tons of people.

15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dinner at a restaurant with nearby family members. Also, a 1 to 3 day road trip.

16. ScatteredEarth

It depends really.. If my birthday happens to be on a weekend, we celebrate that day, usually just a cookout at the community pool with a few of my only friends and one or two gifts from my parents. More if my uncles decide to show up. But if my birthday falls under a weekday, we celebrate it the first day of the weekend with basically the same thing.

Now when I'm in Pennsylvania visiting my larger family base, it's a much different story. My grandma makes me a delicious homemade cake and buys Carvel for those who prefer it (I eat both usually :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) I get an amount of money from each individual family member, usually about 20 dollars per person.. So on average I get around 80-100 for my birthday which is like my annual income :/ Then I get a f***ton of presents from family members and friends of the family.. Although it's usually alot of flak gifts that I use that day and leave it to collect dust because it's something completely irrelevant to what I do. But I did get a kickass tiger blanket one year so I was ecstatic over that thing.

That's basically my birthday right there. My birthday is on August 7th so it's about 28 days away :slight_smile:

PS: Also, when I happen to be here for my birthday, I share a party with my brother, July 28th, and my cousin, August 10th who are both turning 8.. So it isn't very teen friendly in terms of decor.. Although one year my older cousin shared a party with us (Also August 10th, go figure) so we had a pretty fun time and inevitably got piss ass drunk which is pretty abnormal for me considering the only times I ever drink are during New Years and the 4th soo.. Yipee.. A hangover the day after my birthday..

Anyway, /endramble

17. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I have never had a party to celebrate which I regret now especially at 44, I have been out for meals in the past but that's about all.
    Unfortunately I haven't had the circle of friends around me to really celebrate and I bet a big kneees up would be fantastic.

18. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually hang out with my friends if I'm at college at that time. Or I just sleep doing nothing. Mainly the latter tho, friends are getting too busy with their own lives.

19. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This, but we buy a cake. Not a birthday cake, just a cake.

20. DanD

Nothing, never have done, and I don't really mind.