1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Pissed and Need to Rant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jonimarie, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. So yes I am beyond pissed. I have worked with this company for over 7 years. I moved up and received 2 promotions, multiple raises, and over 30 bonuses and awards. Every year in my review I hear about how fantastic I am and how outstanding I perform and how they would be lost with out me. Never a bad thing in my reviews. I am good at what I do and I love my job and the people I work with. Everyone here knows and respects me and I am always the person they turn to for guidance and support and to get the job done.

So here is what pisses me off. In March my supervisor gave his notice and left to work for another firm. For the past two years he has been training me to be his replacement and his back up. I was at the point were I now know more than him. When he left - I applied for his position. Now between march and now I have been acting supervisor - because no one else knows the level of policy and procedure or has my skill set in this dept. They were relying on me to keep things together and run te dept. Which I did - and I excelled at.

Yesterday - my dept head sat me down in a meeting and told me how when I interviewed for the job I blew them away. I interviewed really really well. And they loved me. They mentioned how proud they were of me stepping up to the plate and holding everything together and being the leader they needed. And then in that same breathe they told me that unfortunately they decided to go another direction and they are outsourcing the position. They hired some chick from another company to take the position that should have been mine.

I think what pisses me off most is that they couldn't give me a reason why I didn't get the job. They tell me how well I was suited for it and how great I have been doing but couldn't provide anything negative to show why I didn't get it.

Instead they are going to bring in someone that will take over a year to fully train for this job instead of giving it to the person that was not only training for it for the last 2 years but was also acting supervisor for the last 4 months.

Then they tell me - keep it up and I should get a promotion next year. I am on the verge of looking for another job. And everytime I looked at my dept head today I swear I wanted to smack him in the face I was so pissed.

Sorry I just needed to get this out. It feels like a betrayal and I am not in a good place right now. Everything is pissing me off.

I will tell you this. I will keep doing what I do, and still giving 110% of myself - because that's what I do and I won't let them change me.

Thanks for listening.

2. Steak is food

Out Status:
    Some people
    I can see your need to rant.