1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I shaved my stomach

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScatteredEarth, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

That was 3 days ago, now all I feel is pain :frowning2: The hairs have ingrown and they grow so quickly, but I love the smoothness of a freshly shaved and smooth stomach. What do I do? D:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Make sure you shave with the grain next time; you won't get nearly as many ingrown hairs. :wink:

3. LD579

I don't know how well this actually works, but I randomly ran into this while I was looking for things to buy haha. I don't think they have London Drugs in the US, but similar products such as this might be helpful. If they're not, at the very least they can be used as massage oil or something.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Use aftershave or some scentless lotion, that might help with some of the irritation.

5. srslywtf

let me know how it goes.

I didnt shave myself because i was worried about A) ingrowns. and B) stubble feels nasty.

I just clipped my whole body down to #1.. I prefer hairless though.

Does waxing cause more ingrowns?

6. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

A professional wax job ought to be very clean, but if you try to do it yourself you very likely will wind up with ingrown hairs.

I'm personally very glad that I have naturally inconspicuous chest/belly/back hair, it makes staying hairless so much easier.

7. Gen

Gen

I did that once. Oh memories. Lol

The products that you use to shave are the biggest causes of ingrown hairs. Try to research what you have be using to make sure it has gotten good reviews. I would recommend using some type of moisturizer afterward, preferably with just a drop of alcohol in the ingredients.( There are microscopic cuts on that always result from shaving. The alcohol will sting a bit, but it is a necessary evil in making sure they heal quickly.)

Personally, I have found using hair removal creams to be the most comfortable and efficient way of removing hair. Many people tend to shy away from them because of the bad rap they get from people that choose not to read the very clear and precises directions, but there really are quite easy to use.

Though for anyone trying hair removal creams, I would recommend start with a very sensitive women's type. They tend to be extremely gentle; I think I started with Veet Women's Sensitive or something like that and that felt like pure lotion. Then working your way up depending on how strong you find your hair to be. All of the ones I have used have worked well, but the stronger ones tend to keep the hair from growing back longer.