1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rhetorical fallacies against same sex marriage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticklish Fish, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Ticklish Fish

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly, most people are somewhat taken in by that.

3. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You all don't understand. The gays. They will take over.

News bulletin from the future:
    "Gay Marriage Legalized. Straight couples separate with tears, wait for gay spouse assignments."

4. Fiddledeedee

That's beautifully done, and very informative about the different types of fallacy. And the cardinal has lost respect points from me.

:roflmao:

5. Harve

It's a very good image. Everyone should read it. Except those who might ever be in a debate against me. :grin:

Everyone makes fallacies, although some more than others, which is something to have in mind. I might disagree with every single one of the Cardinal's points, but there are worse articles around, I think.

6. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    7- words meaning change all the time.

9- same sex marriage wont necesarily result in teachers not being able to have their opinion and talk about them.

14- this can be countered with a similar statemtent " yet today advancing a modern understanding of marriage can get you labeled as a "fa..ot" or even worst, murdered.

16- yes, because if the 3 to 10% of lgtb people un the world stop having children the human race will extinct even when the world is overpopulated and there is a 97 to 90% of the population that is straight and having kids like crazy.

18- no, it will only "deprive" them of being in a awful foster home.

20- nothing bad about exposing children to sexual diversity, but lets assume for a minute that its bad... Dont ban marriage for that! Just make some law that forbids school to provide this sort of material to childrens below an specific age .

25-self evident? Interesting argument.... As it is the same argument of catholic church many centuries when defending e flatness of earth or the earth as the center of the universe, the earth was "obviously" flat.... But it was not really flat....

7. LinkLarkin

I particularly like number 11, where he describes marriage as a human right. That kind of undoes the rest of his argument for me, since gay people were also human last time I checked.