1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish more singers did this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Help, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Help

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So me and my friend were texting and he was joking about me being gay for a frend and said that I should listen to this song and that being gay isnt bad, "same love" by macklemore and that gave me a thought.. Why doesnt more artists like him do this? I mean like inspire more people that being gay is normal and shouldn't be looked upon less since this song has a great meaning and message to people. So do you think singers should use the power of music to help? Since a lot of people listen to music now a days including me and maybe leave a song like this one? Since I want to listen to more songs like this :slight_smile:!
    Link: MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - SAME LOVE feat. MARY LAMBERT (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

2. LinkLarkin

Yeah musicians are in a pretty unique position to get certain messages across. Especially in America though, I suspect many of them would be too concerned about the career move to actually do it (being a straight ally can be bad enough in some states, and there are bound to be people who accuse the artist of being gay just because they sing a song about it). Unfortunately one usually has to prioritise career over making political statements.

I agree though, I would love to hear more songs for gay people. As we slowly increase our exposure, I'm sure it will happen.

3. AlamoCity

I really like this song, plus Ryan Lewis is very handsome *cough cough* hot.

4. srslywtf

"Why arent more people reasonable?"

Cos people are for the most part, raised to be stupid dumb automatons.