1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me or does everybody feel awkward about this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Jul 12, 2013.

1. person57

So there is this song called Macklemore- Same love feat. Mary Lambert and I love this song and I love the message this song has but whenever this comes on the radio while I'm with my family I feel awkward. I think this is because I'm in the closet. Has this happened to anybody else?

2. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

YES! The same thing always happens to me, but I recently came out so it's all good.

3. Harve

You shouldn't feel awkward at all! It's not as if you've chosen to put it on, and even if you did, it doesn't mean you're outing yourself - straight people listen to it too.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, not just you. Every time anything gay/trans* related comes up, I always get uncomfortable around my family. So this song especially, though it hasn't been getting airtime on the radio stations we listen to.

5. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

I know what you are talking about..
    Once, I watched TV and one of the characters started to scream "I'm lesbian!!!!!!"
    awkward.. especially because I think my parents maybe suspect i'm gay.

6. AlamoCity

I do get awkward around LGBT issues, but my family and I don't listen to any radio station that would play that song (we only listen to country radio stations).

7. dancerdude3039

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah i get that feeling all the time

8. BiPenguin

I really this song and the video clip. I was really hit by it in an awe inspiring way.

9. MrBrightside

Just heard it for the first time... It will be debuting as my main fifa song from this evening :grin: Great way to make people suspect just tht little bit more :slight_smile:

Its a lovely song, very true message too :slight_smile:

10. justjade

Man, I just looked up the video for this song. It's the first time I've ever seen it, and it almost made me cry. It's so beautiful! :tears:

Really, though, I'm very awkward around my family when the topic of same-sex marriage or sex change comes up. Of course, I'm not out of the closet either, so I can't say anything without getting looks.

11. Horizoneyes

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel awkward around my mom, but that's it. I'm out to everyone, so it's not like I have to hide, I just don't want my interest to be conspicuous. I can't wait for the day when the average person looks at a same sex couple kissing and sees no difference between a hetero-couple kissing.

12. George

I don't find things like this too awkward because it isn't directed at me. I find it much more awkward when someone asks me about women and girlfriends and I have to come up with a way of dodging the question.

13. rena

Yes, I so because I was taking to my friend like "oh this obv means so much to me" I'm pretty sure they got suspicious when I started tripping over my words :/.