1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it bad getting attached to someone or unhealthy ? (No rude posts)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Im not attached to my ex we're Friends now but I would like ur opinion :slight_smile: plz no rude posts .and how to tell if its love,attachment or lust or delusion ?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting attached to people is part of being human.

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

But what's the difference between that and what arias was feeling ? I keep thinking she was attached to him,he didn't feel the same way and killed him. What's the difference ?

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure what you're talking about.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jodi had been "diagnosed" as a narcissist, sociopath, pathological liar, bipolar, and someone suffering from multiple personality disorder. I'm not even sure what she had for her boyfriend could be considered true love... to murder someone after they break up with you? Actually, I'm not even sure where to begin, since this scenario is so warped on multiple levels.. it's definitely not the type of attachment you'd want to be a part of, believe me.

6. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank u responding both of you :slight_smile: @gravechild yes ,I agree but she must've had other bfs .why didn't she leave him like she left her other bfs?

7. LD579

Who knows? I don't think any of us would. We could always speculate, but that leads to nothing definitive.

To answer your first post, getting attached is okay and normal. Getting clingy and obsessive is not healthy for either person, though. That is generally speaking, and I'm not pointing any fingers.

Love, attachment, lust, and delusion could all potentially play into hand together. They're not necessarily mutually exclusive.

8. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

@Luthan thank u I'm attached bc I like company so I always think there's something wrong with me.

9. Brassgallore124

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "We accept the love that we think we deserve" - The Perks, it's unhealthy. But in time the feelings will numb away.

10. LD579

I disagree. How about love from our family and friends? How about in a mutual and deeply loving relationship? Some feelings don't fade, as well. To say as such would be a bit pessimistic and fatalistic to a fault, to say the least.

11. castle walls

I think that getting attached to people is normal. I think the issue arises when you become dependent on someone

12. HeyAshley

there's a difference between being attached to someone and being obsessed with someone. attached is fine. obsessed, no.