1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes you proud of yourself ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BelleLey, Jul 12, 2013.

1. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Sometimes we accomplished little things that make ourselves very proud, so in what occasion did you feel really proud of yourself ? It can be a big thing too of course.

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I go a day without saying something stupid that makes me feel pretty good about myself. :slight_smile:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting to the point where I have actually written a paragraph that could be considered good art. In my whole life, I think I've done it once, and that was a day or so ago XD. It felt good to feel like it really came together though. Writing fiction is hard work, but I'm proud of my meager talent.

4. Hitch

How i basically turned around my academic career. I went from D's and F's in High school to A's in college. I finally decided that I want to be a teacher. I want to be that teacher that makes school and learning fun. Basically, i want to be the teacher I wish I would have had in Elementary school. Maybe school wouldn't have been such a struggle for me.

5. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I feel proud of myself whenever I manage to solve a problem or finish a project while programming. I've found there's nothing quite like the feeling I get when I see the computer output something interesting based on the instructions I gave it.

6. animequeen567

I had only been in my digital media production major for less than a semester at the time and I made a commercial that is going to be played on the radio to get people on my quidditch team. I also made a documentary (with a group, but I was the video editor) that was so good that it's going to be played on the school's tv channel.

7. justjade

When I can make someone laugh, that makes me feel really good. I say a lot of stupid things, but whether someone's laughing with me or at me, it's all good.

Getting a paycheck makes me feel proud of myself, too. It keeps me going because the job I have is just a shitty fast food job, and I really don't like it. But the fact that I can put up with it while doing my job well makes me feel like I've accomplished a small something. Then when I get paid, I just think, "Oh, man, I totally deserve this."

Also, when I draw or paint something that looks really good, I want to show everyone.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The feeling you get when a program works:

[​IMG]

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did well in school, I am constantly learning, I am not a snob, and I like to help people, either in small ways or big ways, provided I'm not being taken advantage of.

10. gavguy

gavguy Guest

One of the most important times I felt proud was just over four years ago when I stayed up all night with my mother, this turned out to be her last night as she had cancer.
    Although it has still affected me up until this day and was very traumatic, I am glad I done it to give her the love and support which she needed when she was so frightened.

11. leer

being happy& Gay .
    Gaining my health & safety qualifications last year something I thought I would never get .
    staying strong.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is important.

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Q: What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?
    A: Someone who can't get to sleep while pondering the existence of "Dog."

:roflmao: Made me smile :badgrin:

Being Dyslexic, I am always proud when I achieve something, I have to work 10 times as hard as my Co-workers, just to get to the same level as them :eusa_clap but hey, i'm not complaining, Dyslexia is a gift & helps me think outside of the box (!)(!)(!)

14. LinkLarkin

I set unrealistically high standards for myself so I don't tend to feel proud of academic achievement etc. as I rarely meet my standards. I guess the times I really feel proud are when I have low expectations and somehow manage to exceed them - for example, I had really low self esteem about my musicianship a few years ago, but then I got a distinction in one of my grade 8 exams and it felt amazing!

15. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Knowing that I can do more things (and actually doing things) than society thinks I can do with my disability

16. AmericnPrincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm the most proud of myself for joining EC. Since I've joined I have been feeling more confident and less shy :slight_smile: .

17. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My faith! It has renewed and strengthened me and makes me proud to be a Christian! :slight_smile:

18. Hexagon

Very little.

19. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Sounds lame, but sticking with the same job I've had since I was fifteen. I originally got it just to fill my work experience requirement at school, and figured that I'd quit it once summer hit, but nope. Even though it's stressful at times, and I've had to manage balancing school and work on a daily basis for the past two and a half years, I love it and I'm proud of myself for not quitting.

I guess I'm proud that I'm a compassionate person as well and treat people with respect. And that I'm ambitious, and eager to learn new things (as well as be corrected). And the small things such as sticking by my guns and persisting through the hardest times of my life, when it would be so easy to give up.

20. ViolinGirl8

ViolinGirl8 Guest

Coming out to 6 of my friends made me feel proud for never hiding who I am, from myself, my family, and now my friends. :newcolor:

I was also pretty proud for not getting below 90% on any test or quiz this past school year. :eusa_danc