1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bestiality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gibson234, Jul 12, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally I am intially digusted by the idea of beastily. However when I think about it more deeply. I realise that my repulsion is only a reason why I shouldn't do it. If people are attracted to animals and fall in love with them, then why shouldn't they marry them or whatever. Also people say you can't get consent from an animal however if its a reasonably big animal then it won't hurt it and animals don't really have diginity so it won't care. It seems strange that we live in a society that systematicly kills animals and abuses them, yet loving one is wrong. And animals like dogs can love back tbf. What do you guys think?

Disclaimer: I don't find animals attractive. Don't get the wrong idea about this thread. Also I know I probably spelled beastiliy wrong but I don't want to find the correct spelling on google for obvious reasons.

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Beastiliy?

Well this should be interesting...

Anyway, animals can't give consent and if someone has sex with someone that can't/doesn't give consent that is considered rape which is why it's wrong.

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Beastiliy?

animals never give consert not even to other animals in there species (at least in most cases)

4. LinkLarkin

1) Consent is important whether or not it hurts them. You could argue that a man drugging a woman isn't hurting her when he then rapes her, but it's still a total violation.

2) Teachers can't have affairs with students even above the age of consent because they're in a position of responsibility. Same goes for employers/employees in many companies. I would think the same issue of trust/taking advantage would arise in animal rights issues.

3) Dogs love back but probably not in the same way.

4) It's illegal to marry close family members in many cultures because of the risk of reproductive abnormalities. I would think the same goes for cross-species reproduction. (And I think don't wearing a condom would make it much better.)

But yeah, I think the issue with trust/consent would be my main thing.

Oh, and I think it's spelled beastiality.

5. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You can NOT know if the animal loves you back (in a sexual way)

6. Hexagon

Raping an animal is wrong. That hardly needs saying. They can't give consent, much like children in a way, so any sexual intercourse between a human and a non-human animal is rape. Sure, people can love animals - I love my cat. Just not sexually/romantically. She's a companion to me. Who sleeps on my feet.

7. Sarcastic Luck

Animals are unable to give consent and won't always show that they're in pain. Suffice to say, bestiality is morally wrong.

8. Hexagon

I'm not sure reproduction between species is possible. I seem to recall learning that fertile offspring could only be produced when reproduction was within a species, and only when the species were very closely related could any offspring be produced (and they are always infertile).

But thats besides the point. As we both already said, its an issue of consent. I'm just compelled to poke arguments for the sake of it.

9. Crow Crippler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Animals (that aren't human) can't consent to sexual acts. Present-day humans are incapable of understanding their language, therefore we can't know if they're saying "yes" or "no" before sexual intercourse. It's rape.

10. LinkLarkin

Point taken, I've probably just been watching too much Star Trek (!)

EDIT: I think it's only usually males that are infertile; female ligers and tigons for example can reproduce with male lions and tigers.

#10 LinkLarkin, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  11. Hexagon

Hehe. I like ST, but that was always one of my issues with it. Not, of course, that I'd have a problem with sex between sapient species.

EDIT: Ah. Well, they are quite similar. As I hinted at, I'm not the most educated on the subject, but I know there is some truth to what I said. And that certainly wouldn't work with species with no evolutionary link :grin:

#11 Hexagon, Jul 12, 2013
  12. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    consert is important when you talk about humans. As a human is complex, it has diginity and will be "hurt" by non-conserting sex however animals don't have diginity it is not hurt in anyway. point 1) is a voilation as its disrespect to the person and his/her familiy. It different. Point 2) we basicly take advantage of animals all the time that whats farm are basicly. Point 3) arguable not revelant. Point 4) I think a condom would make it better and the only animal (i think) that human's can reproduce with is some great apes. And I wouldn't recommend that as they will probably kill you if you get too close.

13. LinkLarkin

If you think animals can't lose any dignity then go to an abbatoir and watch them screaming as they are killed, or watch a cow or pig crying as their useless male offspring are taken to the slaughterhouse. I feel there's an issue with the definition of the word "dignity" here, because I don't honestly see how it can be deemed as exclusive to humans.

There's taking advantage and there's taking advantage. Personally I am a vegetarian so I don't take advantage of the bodies of animals. Animals are treated horribly to get their dairy products/eggs as well but I believe in an ideal where we can form a symbiotic relationship with animals to get these products. If you want to have sex with them then you are the only one getting anything out of it, not them.

Animals still feel pain whether or not "superior" human beings like to admit it.

What if you have an STI which you pass on to the animal? They didn't give consent to take that risk; they will lose all their dignity as they die a slow, agonising death. And frankly, unless you think it's okay to go round kicking cats, I'm sure you'll agree that it's possible to show disrespect to animals as well as humans.

14. grizzleybear33

This really makes me mad. Whenever I hear some member of the tea party talking about gay marriage and one of their arguments is that letting gays marry will lead to bestiality, I tell myself that they are crazy, no one in their right mind would ever do that. And that's just it. No one in their RIGHT mind would marry an animal. It just is complete stupidity. You cay that you can't get consent from an animal, and your ******* right. And what about a big animal? Oh and you're right animals don't have dignity, one of the infinite reasons that it is wrong. We live in a society that kills animals because we need to to live. I eat meat because I love the taste of dead animals and while I am eating I am not thinking, "man I feel bad that we cant marry animals because I am eating one". Since I can marry a human can I eat him? Seems logical to me. And animal abuse is cruel but it is beyond me how animal abuse is reason to marry one.

And no one says you can't love an animal but it's a different kind of love. It's like saying I love my camera therefore I should marry it.

My thoughts...

15. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Animal intelligence is much different from a human they can never give consent nor could they ever love in the way a human does. They just breed and thats it not about love as they don't have the ability to know love unless they are human like which at the moment i don't know any animal that has a human mind. I suppose primates are close but not at all the same. I have heard some animals morn and such like when a dog morns it owner who has died not that I know if this is true just something i was told.

Still this is not my kind of thing so I cannot understand it and it is also illegal here.

Then again how would someone know what they are thinking unless there is a real life Dr Dolittle in the world.

#15 Wildwings, Jul 12, 2013
  16. Hexagon

Animals can't give consent, this I agree with. But why do you say they can't love? Have you been inside animal minds, and determined they are incapable of it?

17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The whole "two consenting adults" argument obviously doesn't apply here, but I've no doubt there are those who still see nothing wrong with it. Personally, I can't see any good coming out of bestiality, besides maybe some one-sided "pleasure".

Furry art and culture blurs the lines for me, though.

18. LinkLarkin

We really don't need to be able to communicate with them, biologists have a good enough idea of what the various parts of human brains do and how those parts of animal brains compare to us and therefore which animals are likely to be more intelligent in different ways.

If we're sticking with the dog analogy, then I would point out that dogs are among the stupidest animals out there because thousands of years of domestication has blunted their lupine instincts to the point that they're almost completely dependent on humans.

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Religious people like to use this against gay marriage God i hate when they do that

20. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A animal will let you know when its in pain, they will either run or attack you. For example a horse will kick out it's back legs. Animals don't scream when they are killed or when they lose their offspring because of diginity they do so because of fear and pain. To disrespect something requires something to be hurt in some way. If your actions don't hurt the animal in anyway then it won't be disrespected. "What if you have an STI which you pass on to the animal?" thats just a reason to use a condom.

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2013 at 12:01 AM ----------

If they do love like that then they never seem to show it. As most animals don't do peer bonding with mates like humans do.