1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to overcome a straight crush?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Jul 13, 2013.

1. GingerGuy

We all know how the story goes, and the vast majority of us, unless the extremelly lucky ones, have gone through it: We meet another boy (or girl), fall in love, and hpe we get corresponded. This is the same thing that happens to all people. However, it is simply impossible for our dream to come true: the person we like is straight, he does not like the same gender we do. And therefore, we know its over before it has started. (if the crush is genuinelly closeted, of course. Sometimes its a gay in extreme denial, but this brings other problems).

This has happened to me twice. The first one started two years ago, while I lived in the United States. The most recent time has been occurring since July 2012. I came back to my older school, but went a grade back. And in it, I met a wonderful, handsome, charismatic boy. And I think I can I fell in love with him. We became friends, although I wanted to see and talk to him much more that it was possible for me. His friends started to suspect that I liked him more than a friend. But since he has a much bigger social life than mine, I couldnt be with him all the time. And this is how, in December 2012, he got himself a girlfriend. I wasn't instantly devastated, because I thought they would soon break up. It did not happen, and they are still together. I barely talked to the girl, and she never did anything bad to me. But I still wanted to shoot her everytime I saw them together. There was a time I saw them holding hands in a bookstore, ignoring me when I talked to them. I cried when I arrived home that day, thinking about "Own my Own", from Les Miserables. The situation gradually got better with time, but I still had a crush on him.

Untill a day I decided to compose a song about that boy.

Its called "The Green Coat", and I talk about his favourite coat before revealing the real problem with the story, and end with a sincere plea for him to be happy (kinda like Someone Like You,no?). From that day onwards, the attraction is quickly vanishing, and I no longer feel bad when I see his happiness with someone whos not me.

Ok, sometimes I still want to shoot his girlfriend. But things are slowly getting better.

Any other nice stories?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Reading through your story, I was instantly thinking about the song All American Boy by the Gay Country singer Steve Grand, if you haven't heard it yet, take a listen & see if you can see the Comparassions :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]pjiyjYCwNyY[/YOUTUBE]

3. GingerGuy

It's quite ironic that you thought about this song, considering my crush isn't American, but Brazilian like me lol

It's a nice song, and I say this even though I dislike country music. It sounded more like pop to me, but the lyrics were good enough to make up for it. This guy was very brave to write a gay themed song that's so direct, and even includes some sexual suggestions. I wouldn't buy one of his CDs, but of course ill hear other songs by him.

And I love the line : "she has been cussing and swearing, she does not know what she has". My crush's girlfriend is a nice girl, but sometimes it seems like you only valorize someone when you know you can't have them.

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I get over someone by crying, being depressed for multiple years that they won't be mine, eating chocolate, stop eating for extended periods of time, thinking about killing myself, and more crying. Yeah, still hasn't worked.

5. junglejulia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's hard! You always think that there is a tiny chanse, hoping for it, longing for it. An every time she/he gives you some sort of recognition or love, you immediately start hoping again. If she/he says they are straight they probably are and you need to move on. It took time for me, I got my hart broken and after that it took at least a year for it to heal...

straight crushes suuuucks.

6. I feel your pain, man. Straight crushes are the worst, but it helps to know that you'll eventually meet someone who will return your feelings and who deserves you every bit as much as you do him, but until then there's not much else to do except let your feelings run their course, which they will. It really isn't fair that people like us get to sit back and watch everyone else take for granted what we've been yearning for so badly, but you'll get your time. After all, something like that really is worth the wait, even though sometimes I don't want to admit it because I often have trouble seeing past my anger towards the world, but it's undeniably true. You'll get your turn :slight_smile:

7. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

sorry about what happend to you.

I have straight crush too on a woman. She is 29 years old, it really sucks.
    What i'm trying to do is to stay away from her but the truth is I just can't do that..
    I try so hard but in the end of the day I find myself look at her and talk to her again :\

8. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ouch. Right in the heart. Yeah, i feel you. I had a childhood playmate. He's my godmother's youger brother. He's 25. He's kind, caring to everyone around him and not to mention atleast he's aesthetically perfect (and straight :|). We're playmates since i'm 6 and he's 10 or 11 that time. I developed a crush on him when he was 20. He taught me how to play basketball tho I really sucked at it. and we'd play with his gaming consoles. When I came back to work at their place, he already had a girlfriend that time and it saddened me. Since then, we became aloof with each other tho exchanging hi's and hello everytime we cross paths. And this comes her new girlfriend. I'm kinda annoyed since she has this 'filthy rich girl attitude' and it hurts when I see them kissing inside the car everytime they come home from the club. That feeling when you just want to carry the girl and throw her outside the space or sometimes I had this urge to put Tabasco sauce on his girlfriend soda (well I didn't do it since I don't want to lose my job).

Then here comes his cousin. Same age as him both handsome but has this weird mysterious looking aura. I had awkward moments with him. Once I caught him peeing on the grass like a kid with his shorts down. I just passed beyond him. It happened again and few times when there's no one around, he pees. So whenever we see each other, I feel awkward. Maybe him too.

I had a crush on both of them. But thinking that I wont stand a chance. Not even 1% or 0.00001%. So I just end up daydreaming that the cousin or my childhood playmate being my boyfriend while eating ice cream or when i'm lying on my bed.

(*sighs*)

#8 Donnerschlag, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  9. Derpette

My first straight crush wasn't really a crush, it was even something more than that. But honestly, I didn't do anything. For some time, especially when the person left the place I live in, I was pretty down in the dumps and suddenly I found myself someone who loved me for a very long time before and now I have very strong feelings for the person as well, so the 'cure' for a straight crush for me was definitely time and then finding myself someone whom I love and who loves me back.

#9 Derpette, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  10. HeyAshley

obviously i find straight girls attractive but it takes more than looks for me to develop a crush on someone. and i automatically won't crush on anyone unless i know that they're into girls. probably one of my favorite traits about myself so i don't have to worry about it too much. i live with my best friend who's straight and i love her to death. i'd put her before anyone in my life. but i've never once developed a crush on her or day-dreamed that one day we could possibly be together. because it's not like that at all.

11. GingerGuy

I dont think having a straight crush is the worst thing. The vast majority of the people in the world are straight, so sooner or later, every single LGBT goes through that. What is truly frustrating is to be friendzoned my another gay/bissexual guy. And yes, this has already happened to me.

I forgot to post the lyrics of the song I wrote for my crush. They were written in ortuguese originally, so the rymes wont work. So, here it is:

The Green Coat
    Beautiful coat, so well groomed
    Drenches the stairwell in the deepest green
    Without any flaws, front or sideways,
    Sings new songs at every second

I want you in my hands, dear coat
    To kiss you like the only coat in the world
    But everyday I see you ripped away from me
    By long arms, embraces of steel

Chorus:

The choice wasnt yours, and neither was mine,
    But I dont want to always lose the game anymore