1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dads

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smartsunny, Jul 13, 2013.

1. smartsunny

my dad threw me out of his house 2 weeks ago. i picked myself up and walked away. was it cold hearted of me? plz comment....i havent told anyone yet :help:

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Cold hearted? No. What he did was cold hearted. You had every right to walk away and start anew.

As of right now, are you safe/have somewhere to stay? That would be my biggest concern.

3. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm so sorry! That's awful :-( of course that's not cold hearted of you! That took balls to walk away!

4. smartsunny

my parents are divorced and i spend the weekends normally at my dads. so when he threw me and my stuff out the door i called my mum and told her i didnt feel like staying

5. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you should tell her. Your mum might talk some sense into him.

6. smartsunny

they havent talked since the divorce 8 years ago

7. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I still think it would be best if you tell her.

8. timo

This. I'd stay with your mom if I were you until he apologizes for kicking you out.

Although I do wonder why he threw you out in the first place. Sorry for being so curious :slight_smile:

9. smartsunny

he has always hated me... to a normal parent i am the perfect daughter.. to him i am a huge nuisance... it was my third day of finals and he was shouting at me why i dont cheat on exams like my older sister( i would like to add that i get good grades normally) so he brought up something that happened 3 years ago when i had to skip almost three quarters of my school year because i was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor that presses on my nerves causing partial paralysis if i dont take my meds then shortly after diagnosed with chronic depression- so forgive me for skipping a few days of school- and the only thing i said in reply to him was "you werent there" then he started screaming and threw me out the door...physically

sorry this was so long but im finally letting it out..bear with me

10. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh my god. I'd definitely tell your mom, let her know because that's really serious. Stay with your mom and don't go back until he apologises and makes it up to you. Wow I'm really sorry :-(

11. smartsunny

actually she forced me to go back to his house and apologize...its always been like that

12. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He is abusive and it's not your fault and you have nothing to be sorry for; you're certainly not cold hearted. Just from what you have posted, it sounds like his home is not a safe place for you and if he does apologize and wants to reconnect, I think you should do so in a neutral spot, not his place. I hope you have someone you can trust, hopefully your mom, to tell. If not your mom, maybe there is another adult around you can depend on.

13. smartsunny

no actually im all alone... all i have is u guys...love u all <3

14. animequeen567

I know how you feel. My dad is abusive too. He's not divorced to my mom though. I've been kicked out of my house several times. My mom always got me to come back though. I'm forced to act a certain way to please my dad despite the fact my dad calls me fat, ugly, and stupid everyday. He's physically attacked me before although it doesn't happen as much because I don't fight back anymore. For the longest time, I didn't know it was abuse because he had me brainwashed. I always thought that I was being coldhearted for hating him. I always thought that I being too critical of him, but I broke out of that. I know that the way he's treated me was abuse, and I know that I don't deserve to be treated the way I am. I grew up hoping I could move out as soon as possible. Hopefully, I will soon. As soon as I get a job, get my license, and have to money to move out, I'm going to leave. If you can get out of your house, if you have someone you can go to, I highly recommend moving out if you can. It might be best to wait until you graduate. If you feel that you are in danger, then call the police. Know this: the way you are treated is not your fault. Don't let him bother you. If he's anything like my dad, then it's best to just go with what he says, pretend to agree with him. That's how I keep my dad from attacking me...

#14 animequeen567, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  15. smartsunny

thank u so much for sharing. i know i deserve better. i know i am a good person and that he is the bad guy. and please believe that u are special too (*hug*):kiss:

16. Hexagon

Wow, thats terrible. Especially since you were forced to go back and apologise for being kicked out. Tell your mother the truth, and don't go back there for a long time.

(*hug*)

17. smartsunny

thank u but i have accepted my fate. my mum has always been on the side opposite of me...thank u all so much...i really am touched

18. MerBear

I dont have any advice unfortunately but I am here if you need someone to vent to I've never been in this situation fortunately. I'm so sorry :frowning2:

19. Ticklish Fish

I'm sorry to hear that!

But I would like to applaud you for not cheating in exams :grin:

20. smartsunny

thank u so much:kiss: just the fact that u read it is enough for me. and i am so glad u havent had to go thru this and i hope u never will (*hug*)

---------- Post added 14th Jul 2013 at 02:26 AM ----------

:lol: glad to know someone agrees with me