1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT travel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SPfromQC, Jul 19, 2013.

1. SPfromQC

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all,

I would really appreciate your input. Do you prefer to travel solo, with non-LGBT folk or LGBT folk? Have you ever travelled with LGBT persons vs non-LGBT; and which experience was more rewarding? Would you ever do a "queer" travel tour? Many thanks to those who answer. You all rock,

2. The only time I ever traveled with another gay person was when I was studying abroad, and me and some friends decided to go to southern France for a holiday. To be honest it was only fun because I was in good company, in the grand scheme of things sexuality didn't matter much.

3. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To answer your question directly, no, I've never traveled with other LGBT individuals, but this is something I've been thinking about lately.

First, I don't know if this is what you were getting at, but the thought of going on a vacation or being in public with a same-sex spouse/partner/boyfriend and interacting with him like "normal" couples interact with each other on vacation or in public just seems...awkward, and uncomfortable. IDK, I guess that could be internalized homophobia, but it would be like walking down the streets naked, that's how uncomfortable I'd feel.

But as far as traveling with a group or just as friends goes, I've never really thought about it. But I don't think I'd mind at all. It would be comforting to know that I'm in the presence of others who understand me without having that awkward, uncomfortable feeling I described above. But like shamrockmut93 said, it'd be more about our relationship as friends and sexuality wouldn't be the main thing.

4. KhanSaheb

I've done a fair amount of travel for both business and pleasure. Ironically, two major business trips (when I had to stay for extended periods of time) were with gay male colleagues. The vast majority of my pleasure trips have been with straight female friends of mine, or I've gone alone.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Doesn't matter. Never traveled with an LGBTQ crowd but would consider it. If anything, they'd get where I'm coming from. But hell, doesn't matter. Would travel with any group, as long as we got along and I liked them well enough.