1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm jealous of the people in the erotic stories I read

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by danbyization171, Jul 14, 2013.

1. danbyization171

Everything just seems so much better in them. I mean two boys in complete love with each other it just seems so amazing so wonderful so words can't describe it.

I mean yeah you always have people in the story who don't like the fact that they are gay but hey they love each other.

And I would everything to have one of those stories be a reality for me.

2. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am sure you will find someone :slight_smile:

3. HeyAshley

sometimes that's why i hate reading love stories or watching movies in that genre. that kinda shit just never really happens in the real world lol.

4. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We all would, I feel I will never get it as I am 26 and still not found love :frowning2: don't know the kind of places to go to meet gay people who are not just after one thing. Guess it is in a way safer alone you never get hurt.

That just me as for you I am sure if you look hard enough you will find someone one day.

5. danbyization171

Yeah I hate it after I've read the story and am jealous but i just can't stop reading them because I love it when I am reading the story and wondering what's gonna happen next and just reading about all the love and romance it's just when I finish reading lol

6. DanD

We are all fully aware that it's 'love' that makes a difference, a huge difference, within the stories, and in our own lives. It's so sad that we can only live this feeling through our imaginations because either time has passed us by, or things just haven't gone the way we had wished for.

I feel like the biggest loser that ever lived, and am narrowing in on that suicidal tendency available to everyone; perhaps I'm not the best person to offer a view.

7. Diego89

Oh boy do I know what you mean. I actually stopped reading them because as much as I enjoyed them they were not helping me. When reading them I was excited, happy, sad, nostalgic, optimistic... all at the same time. :dry:

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, some people write what they want. Same reason I'm envious of magical gay relationships in stories, and why I'm writing a story about military space travelers. :wink:

It sort of comes with the territory. I guess we readers are meant to live vicariously through the characters.

9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Gosh, this thread is getting depressing. You guys need to cut it out.

10. KingdomKeyDK

I read from nifty.com (I think it is called that. I haven't gone in a long time), which has a lot of erotic genres, but the fact that they are all happy and carefree makes me upset. I feel the same way you do.

11. danbyization171

Sorry I didn't mean for it to be depressing when I made it lol

12. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm jealous of every human in a relationship.

13. Rexmond

So am I, especially some of the bear ones I've read...

14. BornInTexas

I read one a long time ago... I think that's the first time I actually read one just for the story :lol:

15. needshelp

Well, even though it's hard not to think about it, try not to.

16. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I couldn't agree more, the love and friendship and the overall bond between a couple is something dreams are only made of.
    The thought that it will never happen to you, and wish that it was reality rather than fiction

17. Oxelotl

And you just summarised my attitude towards relationships. :lol:

18. LD579

It's fiction. Sometimes it's realistic fiction, but one thing to keep in mind is that it's catering to a market, whether that is the author itself or the masses or some of the many other crowds.

Relationships will come when you're happy with yourself and happy being alone, generally speaking. It certainly won't hurt, as such a thing can be easily recognized, whether that's consciously or subconsciously, and is attractive.

19. srslywtf

tv/stories are unrealistic. Thats pretty much why everyone is so dissatisfied :lol:

you ever notice how they don't write about the part where the character has to study for 2 weeks straight? or the time when they didn't have sex or a relationship for like 5 years? or the bit where they got fat over winter, or the time when they went into a depressive state not leaving their room for 5 months and just crying all day long?

Striving to have a life like TV/fiction is only going to lead to a life of dissappointment and feeling like you're not good enough.. That's not to say you can't enjoy fiction, or have goals.. .just.. take real life for real life, dont try to make it like the stories.

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get jealous of my characters. I write erotica/romance. One of them is an erotic novel and the other is looking like it will be a short story. The first one is a man who is secretly gay who's married to a woman, and it's the classic gushy love story gone horribly wrong.

The other is about a gay 16 year old boy who's a Catholic who has to keep his love with his romance a secret from his parents-until their car is hit by a train and the parents die.