1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does one know if one person is the "one"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I was wondering ,for those of u who have gfs or bfs or if ur engaged or married for a long time . How do u know he or she is the one for you ? Does sexual attraction make ppl mates ? Or is physical attraction ? What makes someone str8 or gay or bi ? Is it lust or love that pertains to courtship and lovers?

2. LD579

All of your questions have ambiguous answers. Let's see...

1. You don't... unless you've both been through a lot and make each other a priority and have known each other for a while.
    2. Maybe. It depends. If by mates you mean sexual partners, then perhaps.
    3. See #2.
    4. It could be many things. It may be epigenetics, upbringing may hold some part...
    5. It could be both. Love comes with time, though, and lust may fade over time.

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank u for answering my posts

4. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I asked myself that all day :/

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "If you fight like a married couple, talk like best friends, flirt like first love, protect each other like brother & sister, it's meant to be!"

Saw that one on Facebook

6. I suppose you only know someone is right for you long term if you've really considered what both of you want and need.

With my partner, there's emotional and physical attraction, obviously. We're on similar, compatible career paths. We're open to move if we need to to stay together. We're on the same page as far as kids go.

I know that if we get annoyed with each other or angry or whatever, it won't have a bad affect on our relationship. Even on bad days, I'd rather be with her than without her, and most days are good days anyway. I know that I love her even when I'm irritated or angry and that if she or I have a problem we will work together to fix it big or small. We take our own space, we have our own things we're interested in apart and together.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in "the one", I used to, but now I think, as in most things, that it's a matter of degree. As thedreamwatch said above, compatibility begins with those who have similar attitudes, similar likes and dislikes and a similar outlook on life. You know you have someone special who can tolerate your bad days and make the good days soar.

Many people may fit that category for you, you may never find "the one" but you can get pretty damn close...

8. MerBear

Not exactly. I know some people who are happily married as opposites.