1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religion Curiousity...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Peridot, May 4, 2008.

1. Peridot

What's everyone religion/belief?
    If you people don't mind me asking...

By the way, I'm a Catholic Christian, but I don't believe in EVERYTHING that the bible says...

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an Atheist. :slight_smile:

3. LOVEjames

I'm spiritual. :slight_smile:

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mildly tolerant, perfectly happy, verging on anti-theist atheist.

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents raised me as Catholic Christian, but right now agnostic would probably be the closest label. Unfortunately a lot of people look at religion in a very black and white manner. While people like to bash religion, there is a fair number of good teachings in there as well.

6. davo-man

I'm agnostic, but very tolerant of everyone's views, unless they attempt to shove them down my throat

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same. However I get a little pissed off when a really hot guy is one of those who wants to marry as a virgin... frustrating to say the least lol.

8. otc877

otc877 Guest

I grew up as a Christian Baptist, but now the closest label that applies to me would be agnostic. I do not believe either way definitively (there is a god or there isn't).

I also do not agree entirely with most organized religions, I don't like how they set a standard that everyone must meet in order to achieve salvation. I tend to follow my own moral guidelines, and I like to think of myself as a good person.

Another issue I take with religion is the amount of hypocrisy that seems to coincide with it. Not saying that everyone who is religious is a hypocrite, just pointing out that a good number of religious people are. Hence, love thy neighbor, UNLESS they are gay, heathen scoundrels.

With that said, I do not hold any hostility towards religious people. Some of my best friends are fairly religious. I do, however, take issue with people who use their religion as some sort of trophy to proclaim their blatant superiority to the non-believers and the like.

If you're offended by this post, I'm sorry. PM me about why you are, I'm sure that we can resolve it.

9. Nitro

I was raised in a fairly liberal protestant christian background but ... well I am reexamining the foundation of my faith. Sometimes I wonder if I am just trying to convince myself like I tried to convince myself I was straight. At times it looks that way.

I guess one could say uncertain for now.

10. musicgirl112233

im christain but im very open minded

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother is Episcopalian, and my father is Roman Catholic. My siblings and I were all raised Catholic, but only my older brother still is a practicing Catholic. I'm pretty much agnostic. My parents, however, embody pretty much everything positive about Christians. :slight_smile:

Lex

12. Chamber of Life

I believe in reality I guess you can say. I dont like labels so thats why I dont call myself an athiest.

13. RENThead

untill january i was a churchie. i sang every sunday at church, and was up for any service that i could go to.
    im anglican (church of england) but to me, being christian is being christian - what ever sub-religion you are. you believe in a god, pray to a higher being, have faith, and love.

up until about january, i would have called myself very religious, but the pastor at my church told me it was best if i found a new group, as my 'new ideals' are not the same ideals that they believe in.
    (so trying to talk to my pastor about my feelings for girls was a mistake)
    i havent been to church since...

14. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was raised as a Southern Baptist..yeehaw! Now I'm very confused about all religion because I actually started thinking for myself and not just listening to whatever anyone tells me...hopefully I'll figure something out eventually, but for now I'm somewhat of a skewed Christian. However, I'm not as skewed as the Christians who condemn others. :slight_smile:

15. neverover

im a moslem. and im gay. i guess u can say how open minded i am:slight_smile:.

16. Rette

Another atheist here. There seems to be a lot of us on here.

17. Hepcat

I'm atheist, though I don't get into religious arguments normally. Not unless someone is trying to ram religion down my throat. I prefer to believe that everyone should believe in what they want, so long as it ain't harming anyone else. When I was 7 I told my parents I wanted to go to church and they used to go with one of my friends to the church for a few years and prayed every night, not because anyone told me to but I just had a belief in religion... and I liked hearing the stories from the bible.

But when I was about 13 I sort of lost whatever feeling I had that compelled me to pray each night and I stopped going to church, I never felt guilty because they used to say at the church that the most important thing wasn't going to church or memorising the bible, but being a good person and I still go back there from time to time with my friends when we have LAN parties there (yes that's right, we play things like Call of Duty in a church so there's all this sound of gunfire and yelling coming from the house of God when I visit there nowadays, and yes, the church leaders know about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

18. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I used to be open-minded Christian, but I'm not sure now. I'm getting very interested in Buddhism.

19. LOVEjames

I am too, like... it's just a really beautiful religion. But I'm not sure if I want to really tie myself down to a certain religion. I'd rather be spiritual and take ideas from everything.

20. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say I'm agnostic. I haven't been raised to follow any particular religion, although I do go to a Christian school. (I usually spend the church services daydreaming.)