1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have you excepted your gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Britishskittles, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was talking to one of my gay friends today and he was questioning me on whether or not I have excepted I am gay , I told him that as I told my friends and have had a girlfriend so I must have excepted it , but he seems to think my resistant to tell random people or friends of friends or people I work with is because I haven't excepted him , where's I say its not everyone's businesses I only tell people who I care about. He seems to think if I except myself I should tell everyone , live a gay lifestyle (no idea what that means) , have lots of sex and generally act gayer , but I am not sure , so thoughts anyone ? how do I make myself except myself ? does it matter that I act in the closet till someone asks me ? He is getting me to go to Brighton pride next month you cant get much gayer than that

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have accepted that I am Gay & that is what is important, what I do or don't do in the Bedroom is between me & the Guy I am with at the time, Straight people don't go around telling everyone they are Straight & do stereotypical Straight things, just to prove their Straightness, your friend is wrong :slight_smile:

3. Fiddledeedee

Not telling strangers doesn't necessarily mean you're still in denial or shame or something about it; it may just make you a more private person, which is especially reasonable when it comes to issues regarding sex and relationships.

Whilst some people do do that after accepting themselves and coming out, that's generally because they wanted to all the time but didn't feel free to do so. That may have been the case for him and he might therefore think it's the case for everyone. If you don't want to act more stereotypically, however, then don't; you are fine as you are, and it doesn't make you less of a lesbian or unaccepting of yourself.

It sounds like you've accepted it already. :slight_smile: If you go to great lengths to hide your sexuality from strangers, then you should probably think about why -- you may be insecure about it, which can be worked past. But if you simply decline to tell them, that should surely be fine, and not a cause for concern or declarations that you haven't accepted yourself. You could try asking him to accept that you already have accepted yourself instead.

And no, it doesn't get much gayer than a pride festival. XD

4. jdeb1992

Well, I am bi and have accepted it. I see hot girls and cute guys. They are both equal. I am still coming out though.

5. Idek1204

I don't agree with your friend if I'm honest. Like, just because you don't tell everyone that you're gay doesn't mean you've not accepted it. If someone asked you or the topic came up and you would tell people the truth then, in my opinion, you have accepted it.

I was going to say the same thing that Dublin Boy said about the straight thing because I completely agree with that.

6. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That was quick reply thanks guys , what you have all says makes a lot of , I am a private person so I guess that comes when talking about sexuality as well , I guess the different when it comes to straight people is that everyone assumes that they are straight as is the "norm" so we have to say otherwise where's they don't

7. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I have accepted that I'm gay. I see hot guys, and just accept whatever thoughts and feelings come to me afterwards. When I was younger, that's a whole different story.
    I don't tell anyone who I feel has no business knowing, that's just awkward.

8. Idek1204

I agree that about how straight is usually assumed unless said otherwise but that doesn't mean you have to state you're not straight.
    My friends friend is often mistaken to be gay, but he's straight, and he doesn't go around and let everyone know that he's straight. I know it's different and see what you're saying but still.

For example, people always think I'm much younger than I am. But this doesn't mean everytime I see someone I tell them that I'm 19.

Again, not the same thing at all but yeah. I'm not good at putting what I mean into words!