1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you being to the table and what would you want back?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Who knows, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Who knows

Who knows Guest

So recently I've been getting the urge to put myself out there (and I know many of you here would like to) and start dating.

But then I realised that there is a lot to consider, especially after watching a video which helped to clarify this for me. (I would post the link but I am on a mobile device).

What do I have that would appeal to someone?
    Appearances can only do so much in a relationship.
    In many cases, people are drawn in by the face (and body xp), however many stay because of personality.

This of course meant that I had to re-evaluate what I wanted out of a relationship:
    Company
    Attraction
    Intimacy
    Love

And what I could bring:
    Love
    Listening intently to the other person
    Cheering them up
    (Insert many good traits you can think of. lol )

A sudden epiphany came to me.
    I wanted someone I could talk to.
    Now of course I could easily talk to one of my family members, although the talk I would like would be with someone who was someone I could get to know and understand and who I was attracted to.

It is fun talking to members of EC but it is a lot better to have face to go with the name.
    Since this is an online site this can be troublesome due to the dangers it can pose
    so I did not really care much about whether or not I can see someone's for the time being.

Then I tried looking around friends of my friends but the people in my area always seem to looking for something different. There is also that annoying cat and mouse game that some people play which annoys me. I find it frustrating that I just cannot explicitly tell someone I like them without them suspecting me of being suspicous.

I guess for now I'll just wait. However, come university I'll be sure to try my darndest!

Tl;dr It could be that I am not ready or they aren't. :lol:

So what's your answer to the title and what conclusion (if any) did you come to?

2. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

I think you're 16.. There's still time. Your friends don't want to be settling into anything because they're still exploring life and relationships. Don't worry about it!