1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it true shaving makes facial hair grow back course and bushy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChristianHipstr, Jul 15, 2013.

1. ChristianHipstr

I always hear that shaving your facial hair makes it grow back faster, courser, and bushier. But I shave mine (which grows bushy and fast in the first place) and the only difference I've seen is the first time it grew back a dirty blond colour when I shaved it off a brown. (Which is weird because my hair is dirty blond, but my body hair is brown). So is this stuff true? If it is, why is mine still soft and not course?

PS. I shave every morning, so it's not like I'm "suddenly" wondering this.

2. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

Nope. The only thing that happens is the natural tapered ends of the hair are cut off the first time you shave, but after that it shouldn't make any difference.

3. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope. Not mine. I regularly shave mine before and it doesn't get busy afterwards. I actually want it to be a little bushy but my body doesn't want to. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. srslywtf

iit feels coarse cos when its short it doesnt bend so it pokes into it.. but it grows back to be exactly the same

5. Fiddledeedee

No -- you always have the same number of follicles. However, teenagers beginning their first beards will be told this by their parents who are embarrassed by the attempts and want them to shave. It does give the impression that it grows back bushier for teenagers because as puberty progresses your beard grows better anyway, but the shaving isn't making that difference and the difference won't continue once you're an adult.

6. Hexagon

No. As many upset pre-t trans men will tell you, this is a myth.

7. GingerGuy

Togar sucks them. I believed this was true until I read this thread. I would love to have a big beard, but for some reason, even though I got into puberty ages ago, it does not show anything other than a moustache and a chin. I guess I'll just let it grow now - sniff-