1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspiration! :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Jul 16, 2013.

1. justjade

Hey, all.

I just want to know what inspires everyone. I'm big into art and music, so I always want to know what inspires different types of artists to create different songs or pieces. I like finding out what inspires everyone, from interior designers to industrial designers, musicians to stylists. It's just really fun to find out how people see things. That's also one of the reasons I love music videos.

Personally, my inspiration comes from a lot of places, depending on what it is. My style is usually inspired by music videos, male musicians, mostly. I will admit, though, that seeing Miley Cyrus rocking a toboggan with a tiny veil in one of her video for "We Can't Stop" makes me want to try it. A lot of my artwork is character art that's kind of poppy and somewhat non sequitur.

What about you guys? What inspires you? Who's your muse? Who's your role model? I want to know. :icon_bigg

DISCLAIMER: I am not a Miley Cyrus fan. Frankly, she scares me. And not in a good way.

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What keeps me going everyday is myself, I'm my own inspiration. Not to sound too conceited, but I think I'm inspiration to others also.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As an artist, it's impossible not to have inspirations. Here's the list of inspirations I have:

Musical:
    Keith Moon
    Pete Townshend
    Neil Peart
    Geddy Lee
    Elton John
    Dave Grohl

Editing:
    KaiserNeko
    MasakoX
    Walter Murch
    Richard Chew

Storytelling:
    Andrew Hussie
    Pete Townshend
    George Lucas

4. srslywtf

Music absolutely. Music would be the one thing I couldn't go without.

I love all artforms/expressions of creativity though.. I have somewhat of a photographers eye I guess.. But I prefer to see things in real life rather than as a picture.. absorb the atmosphere of a place.

Everything , when I stop my racing thoughts long enough to admire it, is beautiful/inspiring in a way. I love things like old ruined abandoned buildings/factories/properties where everything is worn and rusted and cracked, and you can see nature reclaiming it.. vines growing over it all, sunlight shining through holes in the roof, etc.. that whole urban decay thing.. People say it's depressing, but to me it is inspiring.

I guess what I'm trying to say is.. everything is inspiring, when I actually stop to take the time to think about it/absorb it.

5. justjade

:lol:

I'm kind of the same way. I find myself to be a pretty fascinating person. I'd like to think I inspire others, too, but I really don't know.

6. poppy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Other art work I love walking around gallarys with skech books and just drawing anything and also games cus I want to make games so they inspire me alot to and books

7. Sarcastic Luck

Music, definitely. I don't have a set sort of type. It just depends heavily on my mood/what I'm doing.

8. justjade

That's really cool. :slight_smile:

I love art exhibits, too, but I never get around to going. Wish I could see one, though.

9. Capsaicin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I write and I get my inspiration from people. Sometimes friends tell me stories that I think could be spun into something completely new, or I want to fill in the blanks in something I've observed.

10. LinkLarkin

Music. I love so many genres, but the one which I think I could confidently say "inspires" me is neo-romanticism, particularly the sort that John Williams writes for his films.

11. Idek1204

I love to paint and draw and my main inspiration is music.
    Sometimes I'll just be listening to a song and an image pops into mind
    Other times I'll want to draw and can't think of what to draw so will listen to a song and do a mind map of what I see and what I feel.

I find it very difficult to put my thoughts into words and feelings (they think I might be autistic) and drawing is my (only positive) way to express it.

So music is my inspiration. :slight_smile:

12. LinkLarkin

As an astronomer I feel I should add to my last post that I find stargazing extremely inspirational, especially on the rare occasion that I get to do it way out in the country. It is what led me to my current university and course after all, and it always makes me strive to do more with my life.

13. KhanSaheb

I'm inspired by other artist's work. Mainly, I design jewelry and make quilts.

I will often go to trade shows and craft stores and find stones, beads and other items that I can work into jewelry. I'll find that this goes with that, etc.

I love fabric to the point of almost being a hoarder. I'll get an idea for a quilt design, then go out and buy a yard or two of 12 different blue fabrics, or red fabrics. I also keep all of my leftover scraps and work them into designs, as well.

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Curious, what about Neil DeGrasse Tyson?

15. LinkLarkin

Yeah I love him! He comes out with some awesome quotes about astronomy which I constantly try to slip into everyday conversation, but he's also a very obviously well rounded, perceptive guy who I think does a lot in the way of securing equality for minorities. Everyone should be more like Neil deGrasse Tyson! :grin:

16. justjade

Wow. I'm really glad I got such diverse feedback so far. :grin: