1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

same sex marriage ceremony?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by coreyl13, Jul 17, 2013.

1. coreyl13

Ok so we all know how a heterosexual ceremony plays put the bride walks down the isle with her father and is handed off to her husband. Ect

Well when two men get married how does the ceremony work? I'm sure there may not be a standard but how do you picture it. I can't see one man being walked down the isle to the other man.

Just something I've been thinking about.

2. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

I think what makes gay marriage so fun is that there aren't any social conventions yet. We get to make them! It goes however you want it to go! :slight_smile:

3. Yeah, there's hardly any gender roles in play so you get to make up a lot of stuff.

4. Munyal

This brings up an interesting point. Maybe it depends on the couple, or maybe they choose who walks down the aisle, or maybe nobody does. It is very fun to speculate!

5. Gen

Gen

I plan to get married, but I will definitely not have a wedding.

Finding someone special is always something that should be celebrated, and I encourage people to go out and have a good time with friends, but I don't have a desire to adhere to the same pointless traditional standard that has been pushed upon others for ages. I don't need an expensive white wedding to feel confident in my love for my future husband. I would much rather have a nice gathering with friends and spend all of that money on a beautiful vacation after.

I don't usually have a birthday cake and streamers on my birthday either. Ice cream is far more superior. Mr. Tradition can keep his customs to himself.

6. Hexagon

Whatever you want. Tradition can be oppressive. Even if I were to marry a woman, I doubt I'd have a traditional ceremony. The concept of giving a woman away is sexist anyway.

7. Idek1204

Wow I really like this. I've never thought of that before but I really see where you're coming from!

8. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

Yeah, but... weddings!:icon_bigg

9. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The LGBT+ community has been breaking away from the norm since who knows when? Who says a wedding has to be involved?

10. KhanSaheb

I could not have said this better myself. So I'l just say, "Ditto!"

11. AlamoCity

I am somewhat of a traditionalist so I'd like to have a ceremony that incorporates elements of a "traditional" wedding. I suspect that in 50 years, the "Emily Post" of the time will have firmly created the "rules" for "gay weddings." Perhaps I am like this because for the longest time I thought I would ever get married and it seems that with each year that passes, that is less likely to be the case and I am willing to go all out and "usurp" the "God-given right" of heterosexuals to have a "normal" wedding.