1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

people don't wash their hands. >.<

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AsIUsedToBe, Jul 17, 2013.

1. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is something that bothers me to the max I mean when its in the middle of the night and go pee and your just like meh. But then I see my teachers coming from a stall and just walk out im like D: ewy. He touches things I touch. anyone else like this?

2. Sarcastic Luck

It always grosses me out when people use public restrooms and don't was their hands. I mean, ok. I'll admit. I've done that, but usually it's a case of "ohshitohshitohshit I'm late for class!"

3. Dani3l

I see so many guys in college leaving the bathroom without watching their hands :eusa_naug
    Kinda gross...

4. HeyAshley

i hate when people don't wash their hands. i'm really big on hygiene and that's just disgusting.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate it too. If they're going to be in public, they really ought to keep a basic level of hygiene.

6. Gen

Gen

My issue is that 99% of public bathrooms tend to be out of either soap or paper towels.

I never use public facilities anyway. Even though I basically have a armory of sanitation products on me and in my car at all times, I'm still too germaphobic for that.

7. BornInTexas

I've thought about bringing my own from time-to-time. I don't really use the public restrooms for that exact reason.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to spend about 30 seconds washing your hands after going to the bathroom, thusly:

PROPER HAND WASHING PROCEDURE

Researchers have taken samples from various offices and regular items in those offices including phones and pens...they've found E. coli for crying out loud!

9. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One criticism of the link above: they suggest anti-bacterial soap.

Many experts say regular soap is good enough, and voice concerns about the over use of anti-bacterial soap as a possible cause of stronger and stronger bacteria.

10. Sarcastic Luck

Regular soap will do fine, but if you're honestly concerned, use some hand sanitizer. The alcohol in it will kill what's left over.

11. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    i have this wierd habit of after every time i shower i have to wash my hands with cold water and soap

12. Ridiculous

I hate when public bathrooms have those doors that you can push one way but have to pull from the other, and they have the side you have to pull on the inside of the bathroom. The means you have to touch the handle after washing your hands and no doubt pick up everything from the people that didn't wash their hands... it would so easy for them to put the push side inside and then you could just use your elbow or something.

13. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with you, I didn't notice that, sorry! You kill 99% of the germs so the hardy 1% gets to thrive after the others are gone...not smart.

Regular soap and proper technique are the best (and no less than 30 seconds!)

14. Hexagon

Honestly, I don't care. I wash my hands, but I only concern myself with my own hygiene. Sure, there may be some issues with door handles or whatever, but I'm sure I'll wash my hands again soon enough, and its not like I get sick much. I don't try to control the actions of strangers.

15. justjade

I think it's gross. I'm always using the women's room, and I see women leaving the stalls and then just going straight out of the bathroom without even looking at the sink. Dude! They....wipe places....with those hands. Those hands may be covered in toilet paper during the process, but still, yuck! And then they go and touch stuff with their grimy, nasty pee-hands. :dead:

16. sguyc

I don't care. I have walked out before without washing them, usually I wash them though. I just assume everyone is hygienic, makes life less stressful. I think the only time people don't wash them is when they take a piss. So worse case scenario is that I come into contact with someones dick or their sterile piss in a way that I can't even notice.

17. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It also grosses me out when someone - male or female - don't wash their hands after using the toilet. I always want to shout profanities to the men who stop to pee at the side of the road. It's just disgusting :dry: :eusa_naug

18. kem

kem

It is gross, but there's not much I can do about it so I try to just ignore it.

19. mpac21

UGH! One of my biggest pet peeves....I just dont get how some are okay with just leaving the bathroom like that, I myself would feel so "off" lol

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if you're male and you use the urinal, you're fine, you don't need to wash your hands as long as you don't get any piss on your hands.