1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sugar high?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shamrockmut93, Jul 17, 2013.

1. I've been drinking a lot of soda and iced tea today, which I don't usually do, and now I can't stop laughing at really dumb shit. My mom probably thinks I'm on something... does this happen to you?

2. Hexagon

Try diet soda.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in about year 9, my friends and I sneaked out of school during the exam period to go and get lunch. We all consumed a ridiculous amount of sugar and caffeine, and when I sat my exam that afternoon, I swear I wrote at double speed. I finished a two-hour exam in 55 minutes. (And aced it.)

4. HeyAshley

when i have too much sugar i just feel disgusting like i need to puke. but everyone is different. sounds more like you just smoked a bowl.

5. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

It's probably the caffeine rather than the sugar. It's a myth that too much sugar makes a person hyper. On the other hand, caffeine is a stimulant and, as such, can have some effects similar to what you describe (though I, personally, don't react that way to it).

6. animequeen567

It's the caffeine. Scientifically speaking, sugar-highs aren't a real thing. You can feel an increase in energy due to sugar, but not act weird and crazy because of it. While with caffeine, it's a drug and it will make you act strange.

7. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I don't drink soda,but i get the same way when i'm in a really good mood.