1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clingy girl on facebook

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shamrockmut93, Jul 18, 2013.

1. This girl who likes me on facebook keeps messaging me almost every time I’m on. I used to respond to them just to be nice, but the tone of her messages started to get more and more affectionate, and now I’ve been bluntly ignoring her out of spite. She’s been really pissing me off with her drama, like trying to get people’s attention by throwing little pity-parties for herself on her facebook wall. She has a much better chance at finding a man than I do, so there’s no need for her petty games. Just what the hell makes her think she has the right to assume that I’m interested in her? It’s not like I ever gave her any special attention, I responded to her messages just like I do with everybody else. On top of that, she’s on the other side of the world, what does she think she’s getting out of this? I want to block her but decided not to in order to avoid any more drama. We have a lot of mutual friends and I can just see all of them messaging me asking me why I blocked this poor, broken-hearted girl :eusa_doh: Also, I don’t want to have to tell her I bat for the other team because I’m not comfortable with her knowing anything personal about me, as I barely know her in the first place. Besides, I’m never going to see her again in real life, and it’s really none of her business.

This is really annoying… it kind of bothers me that I feel so spiteful though, it's like a "does it hurt? Good, you deserve it" kind of feeling. I used to be a nicer person, but not so much lately... I just get angry when girls give me attention like this.

2. Rolando4

Does she know you're gay? I mean just explain to her that you do like her, but only as a friend, nothing more. I also had this problem, but the girl admits to still liking me :/.

3. LD579

You could be upfront with her and either tell her you're getting vibes from her that make you think that she wants a relationship or something more intimate than friendship with you and that you're not interested in such a thing.

You could also just ignore her more frequently. Many times on facebook chat, people won't respond as they might be swarmed with convos from others. If you see her message you, don't open the window or else she'll know you saw her writing ("X saw this at AB:CD"). Or, if that's a bit too crass, you could just let her know, if she says hi, that you're busy at the moment and can't really talk.

4. Yeah I've been careful to not open the conversation window. I'm just hoping she'll take the hint but she's been a little slow about that. I wasn't logged in for ten seconds today before I heard her message me, and I've been ignoring her for a while.

5. animequeen567

She has a crush on you and it sounds like she's the kind of annoying person that I would personally avoid completely. Just tell her, explain to her, that you are not interested. You don't necessarily have to tell her you are gay (I'm telling you this because she sounds like the type of person who would post a facebook status telling the world you are gay...)

6. I don't actually see a problem with telling her nicely that if she does not stop constantly messaging you that you'll unfriend her.

If someone was constantly bugging me and ignoring my preference to associate or not right now in real life, I would tell them to go away. It's not that different.

And if your friends actually get upset or judge you for unfriending someone who would not leave you alone even though you asked them to, then they aren't very understanding friends.

7. Fiddledeedee

You can choose to appear offline to a specific person on Facebook Chat. Go to the little chat tab in the corner of the page, open a conversation box with the girl, click the "settings" gear, and select "turn off chat for [name]". Then close the chat box. They won't see you as online again until you open a chat with them, although they can still send you messages.

8. Ooh, I'll give that a try. Thanks :slight_smile:

9. Littlemonkey

Exactly, I would appear offline to her on chat... but then you'll get them messages in your inbox sooo I don't know how obligated you'll feel to respond to those.

Honestly I wouldn't tell her you're gay. Don't know what a person like that would do with that information. Scaaaary!
    Maybe you could tell her that you're involved with someone else? Or what everyone else is saying, that you're just not intested.

10. I actually did tell her I was involved with someone, which was a lie but I wanted her to stop. She could care less though. She'd rather play her pity games with me and try to make me feel bad. We had a conversation like this recently:

Girl: I'm not having a good summer.
    Me: Yeah? And why's that?
    Girl: Oh, nothing.
    Me: Good! You're fine, what splendid news! :slight_smile:
    Girl: How is that if I cry every time I think about it.

She's a delusional, attention-grabbing, disrespectful idiot. And yeah, I turned her chat off :slight_smile:

11. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. Or ignore her altogether. Doing that would give her the message "Hey, this person might not be the best to play pity games on"

12. chrisV

this is the worst. it's happend to me more than once :frowning2: