1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chakras

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phoenixverde, Jul 19, 2013.

1. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A few weeks ago I posted that my mother in law was going to balance my chakras and I had request to let everyone know how it went. Well...she hasn't done it yet. My grandmother passed away and so I am going tomorrow. But, I do have some interesting things to report about chakras.

I started reading this book Eastern Body, Western Mind. I wanted to learn about chakras. I am an information person. As I have learned more about it, I feel like I am becoming aware of each chakra.

Last Monday I went over. We couldn't do a chakra balancing, but she did read my tarot cards. Now THAT was cool. I didn't know what to expect and I tend to be a skeptical person, but it was really neat. She was saying things to me that she only could have known to advice me on if she had a connection to spirit. Not only that, but as she was reading the cards, I was getting impressions. It was very cool and difficult to explain. Being such a logical person, I tend to feel a little crazy trying to explain the whole thing.

She did read my chakras and helped me to become aware of them more. My third eye was closed and my root chakra needs a lot of work. It has given me something to work on. The experience has deepened my yoga practice as well. The more I learn about chakras, the more it makes sense.

It has been quite a week. So many things I was holding onto are just gone. Done. Why do I need to figure out why someone hurt me? It doesn't matter. Let it go and move on. Why does it matter that people think I am bad for being gay. They are responsible for their journey and I am responsible for mine. Their beliefs will only effect me if I let it. Things like that. So awesome!:grin:

2. justjade

That's really cool. I'm glad you had a great experience with that. :slight_smile:

3. Naren

I totally want to do that sort of thing, just to see what happens.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The root chakra is often closed in a lot of LGBT people, because that's the one associated with very primal aspects of life -- our sexual seives in terms of being able to procreate, our survival and very core emotions (anger, rage).

So as LGBT people, we often have a lot of suppressed anger/rage associated with either self-hatred, with internalized homophobia, or frustration at the lack of respect that society pays to LGBT people in general.

Likewise, society teaches LGBT to hide or keep on the down low our sexual selves, so it's also no wonder that root chakra energy is low or blocked. Working on the root chakra tends to both bring up primal emotions, and can also open up sexual energy. Both are very positive things, in the long term, though they can feel a little odd or unpleasant as you are opening up to them.

As for the third eye... that one is less crucial, but it does connect us with intuition, empathy, and insight. It is usually better to work on the lower ones with issues first, and then go for the upper ones.